US$64
US$49
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

Classic Cottage(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
US$17
  • Restaurant
The Brook Resorts & Spa(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$39
Aiswaryam Inn(Yercaud)
US$18
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Apple Cottage(Yercaud)
All reviewssky walksalem cityglass floorvalley viewthe penthousepent houseswimming poolpanorama roomgrt sky roccahair pinartificial grassindoor gamesnature trailmonkey menacelarge balconyadventure gamesroom service
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This property and GRT Nature Trails are the same. I am not sure why tripadvisor has them listed separately.

This hotel is probably one of the best leisure stay properties anywhere. There isn't much to do or see in Yercaud. Having said that, it's very important that the place one stays in provides as much comfort as possible and make the trip worthwhile. GRT Nature Trails Sky Roca more than meets this and then some.

I stayed in a penthouse room that was quite large with a wooden floor, LCD TV, and a very large balcony. From the balcony one can get an awesome view of Salem city in glittering lights at night. While most visitors to Yercaud travel to public viewing points to get a glimpse of this beautiful sight at night, this is available to you right from the balcony of your hotel room. How cool is that? The penthouse room has a pretty large walk-in closet, and a private Jacuzzi. My one year old son had a lot of fun in the jacuzzi.

The quality of service is excellent. The restaurant, while it features great decor and ambiance, is a little too expensive. And the food isn't worth a mention. That said, we went to the restaurant at Lake Forest Hotel (a part of club mahindra) once for lunch. Food there was terrible, to say the least. So the restaurant here is comparatively better.

For the cons -
While the hotel provides free access to wireless internet, my Macbook was hardly able to find the network. May be there was a problem with the location of my room. Nevertheless, it was a disappointment for me. My cell phone too was unable to find a network. So the expensive hotel telephone turned out to be the only means of communication with the outside world.

Yercaud isn't a very cold place. I think the rooms need an AC or at least a ceiling fan.

In summary, this is a great place to unwind. If you live in Bangalore, Chennai, or any of the cities in a 200km radius of Salem, this property in Yercaud could make a great weekend getaway. Drive to Salem is made easier because of the new expressway. Yercaud is less than 25 kms from Salem and is easy to drive.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Anand_Muralidharan
Reviewed April 5, 2010

The good friday weekend saw us travelling to Yercaud for a quick getaway for the main purpose of relaxation. I was accompanied by my wife and 20-month daughter and my brother and sis-in-law who drove from Bangalore. Up front I must comment on the efficiency of the booking process. Prakash made it very easy and my request for two adjoining panorama rooms were taken care of by giving us the best rooms in the house. 403 & 404 are at the highest level and are interconnecting. They also have large balconies overlooking the Salem valley below. Nights are wonderful to sit, have a drink and enjoy the view.
The rooms are quite large and neat. None of the rooms are air conditioned and I was told that all hotels in yercaud are thus. The days tend to get a little warm with just the fan running but with the large balcony doors kept open, there's enough cool mountain breeze that the heat doesn't bother you that much. Adequate signs and staff warnings about monkey trouble ensure you don't leave food lying around outside and leaving the windows and balcony doors open at night. There's also an old hand walking around the property, gun in hand to fire off warning shots if monkeys get too close. Both our rooms with the interconnecting door kept open were large enough for my daughter to run around. The balconies are a big step up from the room and it felt weird why it was designed that way but considering it deterred my daughter from wandering off into the balcony - maybe it was a child proof strategy.
Food was pretty good. The breakfast buffet was a decent spread with a mix of continental and indian dishes but the staff were also willing to cater the needs of my daughter and her diverse food urges. They had a lunch buffet on saturday and sunday which was decent. I can't remember anything wrong with any of the dishes we ordered. Staff are quite friendly but service a tad slow. Our first meal there, they missed the order of the family seated next to us. We arrived after they did and got our meal before them and they raised a big scene and walked out. I think apart from that incident, the rest of the patrons seemed quite satisfied with the meals.
Lots of kids around the place as it is quite popular with the bangalore crowd - hardly 200km straight drive
The bar was quite well stocked and the snacks were quite tasty. The sky walk is a walk way with glass floors that you see the winding highway and the quarry down below. The staff put together a bonfire in the evenings but with the howling winds, getting too close to warm your hands can be quite tricky with changing winds. There is a staff member on hand and a bucket of water placed nearby for any untoward incidents.
All in all it was an enjoyable trip. We weren't looking to partake in any activities (they just have an indoor games room, ping pong table) but just lounge in our rooms and go for a nature trail (which is complimentary on request in the morning) which was a lovely walk through the coffee plantations that the resort runs. Complimented with the view which is fabulous, I would definitely recommend this property to anyone going to the region.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2010

It is tastefully done with almost every thing one need and more on a holiday. The rooms are very spacious and every room has a view of the Salem city below. You are always calm and can enjoy and absorb the beauty of the mountains. The staff the back office people and the restaurant takes care of all this.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

This is one of the fantastic properties in Yercaud. We had stayed there for one night in 2009. The hotel is situated at hairpin bend on the Salem-Yercaud main road. We had taken a valley view room with all modern facilities. Room was contemporary and stylish too. Staffs were helpful . Very good stay in Yercaud.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2010

situated in very heart oriented place. nice place for relaxation and spen with family.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business