“Brilliant ”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great service, waitperson Chelsea was fabulous , food was delicious... what a great experience for my overseas visitors

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Three of us enjoyed a pleasant lunch on what was a beautiful day. The river bank was packed with people picnicking and enjoying the weather. It was a very nice lunch enjoyed with a bottle of wine. Service was a little slow, but they were very busy and it did not matter. Staff were excellent.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Shame on Walter Cafe for serving substandard coffee today.

It was weak, luke warm and very, very bitter - 5 of us couldn't drink it.

Wont be purchasing coffee from here again, avoid it!

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I went with a friend for 9.00am breakfast on our recent holiday weekend after several years of not being in this area. It was a perfect morning, a perfect venue for a casual but smart breakfast. The food menu was the usual favourites, but our breakfast was served quickly and was enjoyable and value for money. The location is great with wide river views and plenty of parking (at least, early in the day - could be busy later on a holiday weekend!). A great way to start the day.

1  Thank Julia2307
Reviewed February 12, 2018

My husband and I stopped here for a Sunday lunch after a pleasant walk in the area. I ordered a salad which I thought would be nutritious and filling as on the menu it stated that it included beans, pumpkin, nuts, salad greens and other ingredients. When it arrived there was a huge bowl of greens (lettuce, rocket etc) and a few pieces of tiny squares of pumpkin and a couple of beans and a few slithers of nuts. There was also a dressing of oil (unpleasant taste so not sure what it was!). I mentioned my disappointment to a male wait person, who took my salad away and then brought it back saying the chef had topped it up. Well all I got was more of the same and I couldn't eat any more! I also talked about this to a female wait person who was clearing our table, and she said she would talk to chef. The cashier showed little interest in my complaint and gave a weak apology but still charged me $21 for this disgusting inedible salad! Also, the coffee was bitter and not very pleasant so it wasn't a great lunch experience!

2  Thank Paulah1237