“Our Favourite but Service could be Better”

Fleischer Continental Cakes
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Malvern
Reviewed September 14, 2017

This has become our fav in no time, thanks to Chai Latte, Custard & Fruit Tarts, Some sort of Croissants stuffed with Jam and but obviously Italian Thick Dark Chocolate (something that we have been looking for for a really long time....and perfect for Melbourne Winters).

The perfectly sweet Dark Thick Italian Chocolate is simply perfect to be had with the help of a spoon on a cold day. Chai Latte with an appropriate dash of cinnamon was refreshing.

Not to forget their tarts and croissants, they were simply stunning.

I understand that the attendants are forever busy and occupied but it helps if you smile, greet and are gentle with patrons (without making them feel like aliens...especially us because as newbies in town, we certainly are learning and trying to understand 'what is what'. )

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Reminds me of the sixties cafes of my childhood in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Unpretentious, comfortable, welcoming, with great fresh food and delicious cakes.

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

The young girl who served me was a bit up herself I think and ended up giving me wrong cakes. The cakes were ordinary at best and I won't return.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

I come here regularly for coffee as its one of the better places in the area (and also the cheapest). Its well known for its cakes and has been around for a long time. It can get crowded but the service has improved in the past year. There is plenty of choices in the area but i come here more than others because of the sweets and decent coffee.

Reviewed April 7, 2016

Great coffee and you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee with a beautiful fresh donut or your favourite Danish in a lovely quiet European atmosphere from early in the morning - well before anything else has opened in Glenferrie Road, Malvern. I love the plum cake - it is just beautiful to have with your coffee during the day or to take home for desert. Great staff and very good range of product. I love their service and they seem to enjoy coming to work.