“Stop to learn about the area”

Batchawana Bay Provincial Park
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Nice park and center with informational displays. Love the deck and selection of books for a leisurely moment to enjoy the moment. Staff are very nice and helpful. And you can get a cup of coffee or tea. A worthy stop.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"camping"
"marie"

Reviewed September 3, 2016

This small day use provincial park has an incredible beach. The water is warm and very shallow. Add to that the gorgeous scenery of the mountains and the bay you have an incredible experience. We canoed one morning when the water was like a mirror and the view was spectacular.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

We enjoyed strolling along the beach, skipping stones into the water, and admiring the scenery from a picnic bench. There is a long beach to explore, but there was a lot of driftwood and grasses on the beach and it was hard on my bare feet. We met some friendly people there enjoying picnics and an "illegal" dog who wasn't supposed to be on the beach, but I guess that he couldn't read the signs. There is no park attendant when you drive in. It's an honor system to pay for a parking pass. We had an Ontario Parks day pass which meant we could park for free.

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful beauty at this park. Huge beach front and has picnic tables so you can spend the day. Easy to get to and a day pass is very reasonable. I would recommend this park for everyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2016

The park is beautiful the beach is sandy and not too crowed. The water was nice and warm. The beach was not dog friendly signs all around saying dogs prohibited on the beach. Thank goodness I had my dogs crate in the car and put it under a tree in the shade as I went for a quick swim. Nice and quiet I sat and read my book and enjoyed the sound of the water. The washrooms were not working. Not worth the $11.25 it cost to be there.