“Riding centre with nice view, but with horribly trained horses, ”

Nyroca Riding Centre
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We went to the five star Nyroca Riding Centre with high hopes, but came back feeling cheated and disappointed. My child fell off her horse while riding. It had nothing to do with her riding skills, for the horse literally shook her off. Meanwhile, my horse refused to budge, even though I tried my best to make it move. My husband’s horse kept on biting the other horses. This already shows how horribly trained these horses are, yet the coach did not really try to help. She did not help my child get up when she fell off the horse, and she blamed me for the laziness of my horse! Also, we expected the coach to teach us something, but she did not give us any tips or instructions whatsoever.This riding Centre’s horses are lack of training, and the coach simply is not professional enough, I recommend you to go to another riding centre.

lauraandinca, Owner at Nyroca Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Thankyou for your review, Monica. We are sorry that you feel this way about your ride. Unfortunately our horses are still animals and we can not stop their natural behaviours such as shaking, laziness or being grumpy that day. We did our best to help you and your daughter (and the other riders on your ride) whilst maintaining the safety of everyone. Horse riding is a very technical skill and not something that can be picked up by everyone from our 15 minute pre-ride briefing. We do endevour to have the best possible horses who will tolerate beginners and remain quiet and calm through all circumstances. We will take on board your review and do our best to improve from it.

All reviews
"horses"
"learning"
"fun"
"lesson"
"trail"
Reviewed May 8, 2017

I have been riding weekly with Nyroca for a year now, I started learning at another riding school who I was not impressed with and so began searching for a new place and came across Nyroca. I thought I'd be forever searching for the right place to learn but my first riding lesson at Nyroca was enough for me to know I wasn't going any where soon. I have been on a trail ride at Nyroca with my family too and the sights are amazing. The learning is endless with so many horses to choose from who all have different personalities and sizes. If I was coming to Adelaide for a holiday and wanted to see the land and nature Australian style I'd book in for a trail ride at Nyroca for sure! The horses are safe for beginners but also educated and fit for the experienced rider and the trail is full of adventure and fun!

2  Thank rebekahbiancastorey
Reviewed April 28, 2015 via mobile

After searching for and trialling a couple of riding schools, my daughter has had regular riding lessons at Nyroca for over two years since the age of 11. From my first enquiry, Laura was welcoming, informative and put me completely at ease with both her knowledge and professionalism. The horses at Nyroca are so carefully selected to match each rider's expertise (nice feeling for Mum!) and are just gorgeous. Lessons, both group and individual, were extremely well organised, ran like clockwork, were great fun and my daughter learnt an enormous amount from Laura and her staff. Importantly, Laura demands, in the nicest way possible, respect and kindness towards her horses, also good learning for her students. Then..,.the trail rides! These were the highlight of my daughter's life (a great bribe to get bedrooms cleaned!), with pure joy written all over her (dusty, dirty) face upon returning. I would HIGHLY recommend Nyroca as a wonderful place for those horse mad kids to begin their journey, all the way through to coaching for more advanced riders.

2  Thank familyof4Adelaide
lauraandinca, Owner at Nyroca Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2015

Thank you for the very positive feedback! It's great to hear that our efforts are noticed and appreciated!