All reviewsfour poster bedwenlock roomjacuzzi bathbreakfast was amazingbeautiful roomfull englishbox of chocolateschocolate barreceived a very warm welcomeeverything you could possibly needbiscuitsthought of everythingguest houseset you up for the dayyogurton arrivaliron bridge
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We love Ironbridge, but because the majority of other hotels were booked up that we liked the look of, my partner and decided to try this place. I was immediately disappointed on arrival to the room to find the sink outside of the bathroom!! I feel if you are new couple staying here together for a first stay, it's a little awkward, luckly we have been together for years so wasn't much of a problem. My other niggle was the B&B which just seemed a little too fussy with too many niknaks and dated ornaments, pictures and vases. It was far too hot in our room for the time of warm March we are experiencing, which overlooked a rubbish tip! Even though we opened the window and turned the heating off. Breakfast the next morning was served in a far too tight and chintzy, fussy room with too warm milk, yoguarts and orange juice on the table. No background music either so you could overhear others' conversations. No offer of pineapple juice or apple juice, just orange. There was no menu either and we were just offered a full English which would be enough to feed a horse! You can't fault the breakfast. If you're a big eater, this would set you up until evening! Staff very friendly, but not sure I would want to go back.
We dined at Restaurant Severn that evening which was just fantastic - it was a toss up between Da Vinci's or Restaurant Severn but the Severn won. Wow!

1  Thank zebbidy
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Luxury,Spotless, Nice staff,Breakfast Belly Buster. This place is so nice that in a way I don't want to tell you about it in case it gets so busy we can't get in when we ring to book again, but it's so nice I feel I must share my find. Pictures don't do it justice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeardmoreSolihull
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Upon arrival we felt just so special, David came to our car to welcome us and carry our case, he is so friendly. The staff alike were just so helpful it was heavenly. Our room 'The Ludlow' was just fantastic and so clean you would have thought we were the first to use it. We had a chilled bottle of wine delivered to our room on arrival which was perfect. David had even booked us a taxi for the evening. The spa bath was extreemly relaxing. Breakfast was beautiful with so much to eat i didnt need any lunch that day! I quite simply cant speak highly enough of the stay we had here. Would revisit for sure. Wished we could have stayed for a week!!!

2  Thank David W
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just spent the weekend here. It was absolutely fabulous. Excellent decor sheer luxury, attention to detail is exceptional. Courteous staff, amazing breakfast.What more can I say. The room was a sheer delight. Congratulations to David and his staff. We will return!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank waimara
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I had booked this week-end trip to Shropshire as a gift for my niece and her husband, having stayed here before I knew that they would like it. They were so impressed, they just loved it.
David could not have been more helpful before and during the visit. I had made a mistake when I had submitted my request to booking.com, David rang me to point this out. I found the booking.com site quite confusing (I am a silver surfer!) and I would suggest booking directly with the hotel.
I had asked for an evening meal on the day of our arrival. Unfortunately the chef went sick but David rang me to let me know and he offered to cook a simple meal for us himself. As the trip was intended to e a "treat" for Janet I asked David to recommend a really good restaurant nearby. He not only recommended one but also made the booking for us and ordered a taxi too!
David and his staff made me feel almost as though I was a member of the family there. With the wonderful rooms, beds and bathrooms here I cannot think of anywhere in this part of the country where I would rather stay.
I will be back!

Room Tip: If, like myself, you are disabled, make certain that you chose a room with a shower. The baths are gorgeous but they are too deep for me to get into/out of comfortably, Unfortunately! I would love to get into one for a nice long soak but I would need help to resurface!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family