“B & Big B”

The Old Rectory at Broseley
Ranked #1 of 4 Broseley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I found this a fine, traditional b & b. It was comfortable but a bit rough round the edges, Lino on bathroom floor not tiles, synthetic pillows polycoton sheets and an eiderdown not a duvet BUT it's a b & b not a hotel and it does what it says on the tin. We found the Proprieter very friendly and polite.
The breakfast was very big ... Personally would have preferred smaller portion with locally sourced bacon and sausages and freshly squeezed juice but that's just me. I'm sure most guests relish the breakfast. I totally agree with the reviewer that commented on the breakfast room being too quiet and the tables too close together for a relaxing meal , they should maybe stick the radio on! Also, way too much going on on the table, I felt like I was suffocating under a sea of sachets of condiments and jam!
If you enjoy a big hearty breakfast and want a homely room you'll like it here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShropshireHostie

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We love Ironbridge, but because the majority of other hotels were booked up that we liked the look of, my partner and decided to try this place. I was immediately disappointed on arrival to the room to find the sink outside of the bathroom!! I feel if you are new couple staying here together for a first stay, it's a little awkward, luckly we have been together for years so wasn't much of a problem. My other niggle was the B&B which just seemed a little too fussy with too many niknaks and dated ornaments, pictures and vases. It was far too hot in our room for the time of warm March we are experiencing, which overlooked a rubbish tip! Even though we opened the window and turned the heating off. Breakfast the next morning was served in a far too tight and chintzy, fussy room with too warm milk, yoguarts and orange juice on the table. No background music either so you could overhear others' conversations. No offer of pineapple juice or apple juice, just orange. There was no menu either and we were just offered a full English which would be enough to feed a horse! You can't fault the breakfast. If you're a big eater, this would set you up until evening! Staff very friendly, but not sure I would want to go back.
We dined at Restaurant Severn that evening which was just fantastic - it was a toss up between Da Vinci's or Restaurant Severn but the Severn won. Wow!

1  Thank zebbidy
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Luxury,Spotless, Nice staff,Breakfast Belly Buster. This place is so nice that in a way I don't want to tell you about it in case it gets so busy we can't get in when we ring to book again, but it's so nice I feel I must share my find. Pictures don't do it justice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeardmoreSolihull
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Upon arrival we felt just so special, David came to our car to welcome us and carry our case, he is so friendly. The staff alike were just so helpful it was heavenly. Our room 'The Ludlow' was just fantastic and so clean you would have thought we were the first to use it. We had a chilled bottle of wine delivered to our room on arrival which was perfect. David had even booked us a taxi for the evening. The spa bath was extreemly relaxing. Breakfast was beautiful with so much to eat i didnt need any lunch that day! I quite simply cant speak highly enough of the stay we had here. Would revisit for sure. Wished we could have stayed for a week!!!

2  Thank David W
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just spent the weekend here. It was absolutely fabulous. Excellent decor sheer luxury, attention to detail is exceptional. Courteous staff, amazing breakfast.What more can I say. The room was a sheer delight. Congratulations to David and his staff. We will return!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank waimara
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I had booked this week-end trip to Shropshire as a gift for my niece and her husband, having stayed here before I knew that they would like it. They were so impressed, they just loved it.
David could not have been more helpful before and during the visit. I had made a mistake when I had submitted my request to booking.com, David rang me to point this out. I found the booking.com site quite confusing (I am a silver surfer!) and I would suggest booking directly with the hotel.
I had asked for an evening meal on the day of our arrival. Unfortunately the chef went sick but David rang me to let me know and he offered to cook a simple meal for us himself. As the trip was intended to e a "treat" for Janet I asked David to recommend a really good restaurant nearby. He not only recommended one but also made the booking for us and ordered a taxi too!
David and his staff made me feel almost as though I was a member of the family there. With the wonderful rooms, beds and bathrooms here I cannot think of anywhere in this part of the country where I would rather stay.
I will be back!

Room Tip: If, like myself, you are disabled, make certain that you chose a room with a shower. The baths are g...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2012

What can I say? We loved it!!!
We saw and heard nothing of the alleged hostility mentioned by previous posters. From booking, up to, and during our stay, everyone who we met seemed to want to go out of their way to offer help/advice and were all so friendly.
The room was gorgeous, clean and comfortable. Lots of amenities and complimentary refreshments/toiletries. The bathroom was WOW! We stayed in the Ludlow room with the long spa bath. It was heaven.
I was worried about staying on the ground floor but I needn't have been worried. It was quiet and felt safe and secure.
The full english breakfast was delicious and huge (beware) and there were lots of cereals yoghurts and jams etc available too.
Thanks for making our (child free) anniversary get away so easy and relaxed and enjoyable.
Recommended most definitely!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Ludlow room but I'd also like to try the one with the 4 poster jacuzzi next time ;0...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broseley
2.2 km away
22.6 km away
Sayang House
Sayang House
#1 of 21 in Church Stretton

Been to The Old Rectory at Broseley? Share your experiences!