“Four years in a row..”

Hotel Bahia Melaque
Ranked #1 of 9 Melaque B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2015

...and i always find myself at home at this small-family-runned hotel. I usually got the room at the end of the hall (which is less noisy) but not this year: i got a room over the kitchen and was a bit noisy than usual. But that is not a hotel problem, its not so well aware people that make noise even if its a bit early in the morning and other people might be still sleeping..

Other than this, the place its fine. You can cook meals on a large kitchen (full of supplies) and save some money on food. I did it this year, and then went to the 3th floor terrace to eat my meals, overlooking the ocean.

If you want to relax...just go there...!!!

Room Tip: the third floor has to be the best ones in the building...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jose Luis R
Melaquebike, Gerente at Hotel Bahia Melaque, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2015

We send you warm greetings from hotel Bahía Melaque and thanks for their recent coments on Trip Advisor.
It's very flattering to receive positive feedback from our customers. These will be shared with the whole family team that contributed to you to have a pleasant experience while visiting the Bahia´s hotel.
Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 25 November 2014

Hotel Bahia is very close to the beach(50 meters)' very clean, has comfy beds, although the queen bed was more like a twin, and is reasonably priced. It is however very basic, with only one light in our room, nothing on the walls to make it seem homey, a tiny old tv with crappy cable, and a washroom with no shower curtain, and nowhere to really put any personal hygiene stuff. The pool looks real clean, but is smallish, with no space for laying around it,nor any loungers. It is also at the northern extreme end of Melaque, 10 minutes to downtown. No wi fi in our room. We had early morning noise from workers at the nearby beach restaurant, and roosters! We only stayed one night, as we found much better options right near the town center, and even beachfront! I am not saying Bahia is a bad choice, just look around a bit, and you will find better options for similar money.

Room Tip: They have units with kitchens for long stay guests, and air con rooms for 50p more per night, it was...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank captainronanejo69
Melaquebike, Director de Recepción at Hotel Bahia Melaque, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and for your time to write, we are interested in hearing your feedback to improve our service, we wish you a happy Christmas and New Year.

Best regards

Reviewed 23 November 2014

I had a lovely time here at Bahia in Melaque. As a single female traveler, I felt very safe and cared for. The place was VERY clean and a great location. The bed was VERY comfy, kitchen was complete and I had a nice view of the sea. The staff were very helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend it and WILL return!

Room Tip: Suite Room 25 nice view and same deck
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank antqjar

Thank you very much for your comments, it's a pleasure to have a guest like you, we are happy that you had an excellent stay with us, we wish you a happy Christmas and New Year.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my first time ever visiting Melaque and I can honestly say I made the best choice by staying there. The staff was super friendly and very accommodating. The view from our balcony was amazing, we stayed during the off season so we definitely got a great price on our suite. The suite was fully equipped with fridge, stove, etc definitely very clean inside and out. The beach is less than half a block from the hotel and its a 10 minute from the center of town so everything was at a close proximity, which was one of my favorite things about this hotel. Not disappointed one bit definitely would stay at the same place again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jeanderine P
Melaquebike, Gerente at Hotel Bahia Melaque, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thanks for your comments, it's a pleasure to have as guests at Hotel Bahia and give us your feedback is really important for us to continue to improve, so we can offer our guests a more enjoyable stay, thank you for visiting!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed in Melaque a few different times but didn't find Hotel Bahia until my last trip in Oct. 2013. The excellent reviews of this hotel are well deserved. This is a very nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. The hotel is a half a block from the beach, which is just beautiful. The pool looked really nice, but I didn't use it because the ocean was warm with hardly any waves, so I enjoyed that instead. The hotel is quiet and really has everything you need. The beach is lined with places to eat and you can sit around all day or walk downtown to explore. Lots of great food in Melaque, and lots of people who speak English. This town is not a tourist trap, it's simply a nice little town that is quiet and has a beautiful beach. Staying at the Bahia was super convenient and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Tracy M
Melaquebike, Gerente at Hotel Bahia Melaque, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear about your positive experience at Hotel bahía, we appreciate your kind words.
We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed in Bahia when I first visited Melaque back in 2003. Since then the hotel has grown but the quality has always remained of the highest standard. It is a family run business that welcomes you back each year with clean rooms and pool. It is less than a block from the beach and only a short walk to the centre of town.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an affordable and comfortable stay in Melaque.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank danpatman
Reviewed 20 April 2013

friendly family run hotel steps to beach on lovely quiet tree lined street. we had a lovely one bedroom suite facing ocean, lots of sun, sliding glass doors to ocean view balcony. fully equiped bright kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, etc. clean swimming pool with lots of sun. this hotel is super clean, excellent value for the money and the family are very helpful and friendly. i recomend this hotel to all my friends and people asking for a wonderful place to stay in mexico. very easy to travel to other destinations from here and there are many excellent tours to choose from. you won't be disappointed. book the hotel bahia.

Room Tip: top floor suites facing ocean
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple