“A MUST”
Review of Tony's Hideaway

Tony's Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Mismaloya
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
“A MUST”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a hidden jewel. The staff is outstanding, and the food is some of the best in PV. If you haven't been it is worth the cab ride to try out Tony's.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hoot52

St. Louis
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Decided to eat there after reading the reviews the week of 1/5/14 (lunch). We were the only customers. Service was slow. The waiter came out with a plate of the fresh seafood items. I asked to see a menu. He said that the plate was the menu. Should have been my clue. Decided to split a red snapper. The fish was mediocre. The mashed potatoes were clearly instant. The salad looked like it came straight out of a pre-washed store bag. We ordered a Pacifico beer when we got there. Had to wait a while for the 2nd beer and was served one of the much smaller (7 oz) varieties. Around $35.00 one meal shared by 2 people. We were not very happy.

Visited January 2014
LONDON
“Seafood delight”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Toño's hideaway is a bit out of the main stream of Puerto Vallarta restaurants. It takes a short bus ride south to Mismaloya. You can beach, dive or go to the Zoo to make it a full day. BUT, Tony's is a must. We enjoyed a pleasant environment, very courteous staff-- all in the family! We got to make up our own entree---mahi- mahi and scampi done three different ways. All fantastic and the tab was shockingly moderate. All in all, our best meal in Mexico!

• Visited January 2014
Loveland, Colorado
“Get on the Bus in PV and check this place out!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My girlfriend had been to Tony's a few years ago. We got off the bus from PV and I gave her a "where the heck have you brought me" look! We made our way through Mismaloya (one street) and found ourselves in one of the most incredible restaurants I've ever experienced. From the sand floor, to palapa roof, to the incredible view of the jungle as the sun went down. The service was wonderful. We had excellent cocktails before being treated to the best menu I've ever seen. See the photo! I chose red snapper and my girlfriend had the bacon wrapped shrimp. I thanked the staff as my girlfriend introduced me to bacon wrapped shrimp which is the best of many great things she makes. This is where she learnt how to do it. Tony's had been there for many years. The food is fresh and spectacular. This restaurant is another worth the short trip from PV.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ccfc1968
“Worth a break from your All-Inclusive for this meal!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, which is about a 10 minute, uphill, cobblestone walk from Tony's. The food at Barcelo was so horrible, we started exploring options outside of the resort. Tony's was the #1 restaurant in Mismaloya, so off we went.

The restaurant is tough to find. It's in a back alley, behind very old buildings. We were the only customers in the restaurant.

I would highly recommend the bacon wrapped shrimp. It was the best I've ever had. The lobster was decent, but a bit skinny, and did not have a lot of meat.

Entrees were around $30+/person, which is pretty pricy for where you're at. They asked if we wanted guacamole and cheese. I thought it was complimentary, but it was $6 usd each!

Great place to eat if you're in the area, but I would not trek outside of downtown PV for it.

Visited January 2014