“Poor service, excellent food”

Flavours Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Piarco
Price range: US$30 - US$70
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Flavours restaurant is located within Regent Star Hotel in Piarco. I visited this restaurant at lunchtime On Carnival Monday. We sat at the bar. There were another group of visitors at the bar, having lunch also. We decided to eat at the bar and not in the dining room because we were not really there for the atmosphere but for a good lunch in between flights. The lady at the bar was writing something in a book, she did not greet us when we sat even though we greeted her. She then ignored us for a long 10 minutes, 5 minutes in front our faces and another 5 when she went to the back. When she came out, she asked us what we would like to get very dryly. I didn't make an issue of her lack of manners as we were already there waiting for ten minutes and wanted to eat. We ordered pasta and a chicken sandwich with salad. The meal arrived in about half an hour, we ate, paid and left. I will not be returning for any reason. Poor service and this place isn't cheap.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

There's nothing mind blowing about the food, poor selection and I believe they cater more for foreign taste buds. Meaning it's bland and the curry is definitely not what a local is accustomed to eating.

The ambiance is lovely to observe but easily a ghost town at certain times. The bar is always packed when there are lots of guests at the hotel. The waitresses could never be found maybe because they have too many other duties.

My advice, don't waste your money at this place for mediocrity.

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

This is a good restaurant but a little expensive. I recomend the Flavours Burguer and curry based dishes. It bar is good also, they have variety in drinks.

Reviewed October 29, 2014

Having had food here before I can safely say the food is very good,,,,many options to chose from and the cost is reasonable,,,,crab cakes are awesome,,,,There is also a bar next to the resturant in which me and my girlfriend spend a lot of time sampling cocktails :)

1  Thank victor e
Reviewed October 4, 2014

Awesome ambiance.....great selection.... professional service and convenient. Food is tasty and well presented.