See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 14, 2018

stayed at dozens of Dormy Inns throughout Japan, i rate this one above average. Express is meant to be more economical, so rates are slightly lower than normal Dormy Inns. despite that, quality of facilities and services remain highly competitive. this hotel is relatively new, well maintained, so everything is like brand new. room size is a bit smaller than normal Dormy Inn, especially the bathroom. public bath and late night ramen are standard within this hotel chain. breakfast is good, but selection is not as plentiful comparing to some other Dormy Inns. location is good and convenient, on-site parking available.
overall, great value for money, highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2017

When I was traveling to Shizuoka, my sister recommended us to stay at Dormy Inn. She told me about their glorious breakfast buffet, which is quite rare (from my experience). They are located near train station and Kakegawa castle, a perfect spot for sightseeing around.

They have a nice lobby area, with free coffee. They had a nice relaxing area right by the coffee, where they had some Japanese comic books. You are allowed to take them back to your room if you don't want to sit there and read them. They have free Wi-Fi for guests throughout the hotel. Thank you!

The room was very clean, although not very large, but still felt nice and roomy. They had clean slippers and relaxing inner-wear for a couple, which you are allowed to walk around the hotel in, which is also rare. Well, many hotels provide more of a yukata-style inner-wear, so you are not really allowed to leave your room in that attire. These ones were very comfortable.

They had two sets of towels in a basked under the TV, and we can ask for more from the front desk staffs. The bathroom had free toiletries, which you don't see much any more, so it was very cool. The size, however, is really small, but then again, this hotel comes with a pretty big onsen (hot spring) on the top floor! And if that is not enough, they also have sauna in there too. The public bath space is separated between men and women, and you need a 4-digit code to get into the women bathroom (code changes every day). I enjoyed the onsen so very much, they had one large onsen, and then separate small onsen with the window slightly opened, making it "roten-buro." Both came with a beautiful view of Kakegawa Castle.

The interesting thing about most Japanese hotel is that they have many energy-saving gadgets. For example, you have to put your room card hey in a slot on the wall to turn on the lights and air conditioning. When you leave the room, everything shuts off automatically when you take your card key off the slot. Also, the refrigerator does not turn on until you press on the on switch. Pretty good ways to conserve energy. They had coffee pot and some packets of green tea next to the refrigerator. No microwave in the room.

They have a charger with all sorts of different charging port, very useful for travelers!

And yes, the breakfast buffet was simply amazing. They have lots of local specialties, and everything they had was high quality. I could eat that breakfast everyday for months!!! And then, they have a late-night-ramen starting at 9:30pm for free! What! Awesome!

The staffs were all really nice and friendly, polite and helpful. Even though Dormy Inn is technically a "business hotel" in Japan, but they are so much more than that. And because of all the amenities, service and food, they are one of the most popular hotels in Japan. One of their Dormy Inn hotel has even been ranked as the 5th best hotel in the WORLD. I can certainly understand the reasons for their popularity. They have become one of my favorite hotels in Japan for sure. Read my full review of this hotel's food offerings, read my food blog, foodlovergirl.

Room Tip: Great hot springs and delicious breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

When checking that front man staff could not find my check in record even I pass my name n show hotel.com evidence n then he moved to staff room with evidence paper. He had apology so much and he had passed me key. I have not asked him why my booking was not available at front desk. I hv stayed one night When I meet him he deeply apology his mistake n his face really show his apology
First treatment for me was but he takes care me nicely. So I will also stay again when coming.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

Good location.5 minutes walking from kakegawa station. Reception is helpful. So many guests. Our room was big, clean well decorated. Free onsen on the top floor with good view, and with sauna. Only pillows are hard.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

Good hotel in general, would come back but the boss or chief is not friendly. Not very helpful with information and poor English for the boss.

Lying about coins , bath situation, towels and so on.

Only the other employers are helpful and understanding. Explain in a good and friendly manner so thumps up to them!

Stayed: June 2016