All reviews honesty bar awesome breakfast honeymoon room cape town breakfast room personal attention two nights short walk mini bar friendly service stayed longer at home lovely room warm welcome south africa lovely place rooms are spacious
Reviewed October 29, 2018

An excellent place to stay. It is very centrally located to shops, restaurants and the beach. The rooms and the garden/pool area are immaculately well maintained. The honesty bar/braai area is a lovely place to let guests spend time, instead of having to sit in the rooms. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndreaSnyman, Manager at Gordon's Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you so much for such a super review! We really appreciate it very much. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are so pleased that you enjoyed it too. We really hope to welcome you back soon again. Best regards, Andy and all the team at GBL

Reviewed October 21, 2018

My wife and I visited Gordon's Beach Lodge this past weekend and we had such a special time! The wind was howling the whole weekend - but Andy and her staff made us feel so welcome and cosy that we didn't mind the weather at all! The breakfast view is superb.
Thank you Gordon's Beach Lodge!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
AndreaSnyman, Manager at Gordon's Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Hello there Hannes, thank you so much for staying with us at Gordon's Beach Lodge! And thank you for taking the time to write a review, especially such a complimentary one, we really appreciate it very much. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time here and if only we could control the wind...naturally now that it's Monday the wind has left and it is picture perfect here. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Best regards from Andy and all the team at GBL

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I stayed here very recently - September 2018 - with my family (all adults). The location was very good, right next to the beach, sea view, close to some shops/ restaurants/ bars and very peaceful. We stayed in a decent sized family room, which was always kept clean. The room was comfortable and well equipped. A queen sized bed, two single beds, shower and bath, air con, fridge, drinks and snacks, hairdryer, safe etc. All the staff were friendly and helpful! We felt very welcome here and really loved seeing them around every day. I always looked forward to breakfast - very tasty and good selection! I would recommend this to anyone and hope to go back again one day! Thank you GBL for making our stay so great!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5. Good size, ground floor and spacious room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Andrea S, Manager at Gordon's Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Thank you for staying with us again, it is always such a pleasure to have you here, and this time with your beautiful daughters. We really appreciate your stay and also the wonderful review of us as well! We really hope to see you again very soon, and hopefully next time with better weather perhaps... Warmest regards you all from Andy and the entire team at GBL ;-)

Reviewed October 1, 2018

In 2017 we visited this lodge for the first time and I wrote about my absolute positive experience with my stay there. Well, I tried it again this year and was even more pleasantly surprised as to not only their customer service, but the overall cleanliness and superb service food and accommodation wise. We were welcomed back with open arms and management even remembered our first names. The other staff also welcomed us with warm and friendly greeting saying "Welcome Back".
The breakfast at this establishment is above average and the efficient manner in which it is prepared and served will not be bettered by a similar B&B. To me, it is small things that count and a black board indicating the weather conditions and temperatures for the day in the breakfast room reflects their professionalism. I will certainly return again and again provided they keep up their high standard of delivery.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Andy S, Manager at Gordon's Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Robbie, what a wonderful review thank you so very much! We were delighted to welcome you back again and it was such a pleasure to have you stay. We are pleased that we were able to maintain our standards to your satisfaction, and it gives us the motivation to keep going and also always looking for places to perhaps improve hopefully too. Thank you for the time taken to write your review, which is always the greatest compliment after a guest has left. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon again! Warmest regards, from Andy and all the team at GBL

Reviewed September 29, 2018

My parents had stayed here on numerous occasions, and wanted to return with my sister and I for our holiday this year as it has previously been a very welcoming place - we were not disappointed!

Our room was clean, spacious, had a good heater above mine and my sister's beds, and my parents' bed had an electric blanket - these facilities were much appreciated, considering the weather had been cold during our visit. The beds were also very comfortable. All the staff, particularly Andy, were incredibly friendly and made our stay even more enjoyable. A wide range of breakfast foods were offered, including cereals, fruit, croissants, muffins, and a variety of cooked items - the cooked breakfasts were always delicious and presented beautifully! The price of the lodge was very reasonable, and I will be recommending it to others who want a quiet place to stay in Gordon's Bay!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Andy S, Manager at Gordon's Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Dear Natalia, thank you very much for your lovely review. Wow, we really do appreciate it! We so enjoyed having you and your family stay with us, and it was a pleasure to have met you at last after your parents had told us so much about you two during their previous stays. I am sorry the weather wasn't fantastic, but you all seem to have made the most of it and got on with all the fun activities. Thank you again and we really do hope to see you again one of these days. Warm regards, Andy and all the team at GBL :-)