2,178 results
All reviewsgolf breakneck and shoulder massagepatio doorsmy mumrelaxing breakdance floorcourse evening mealexecutive roomgolf resortcocktail barleisure facilitiesan overnight staybirthday treatmid weekexcellent value for moneycouldn't faulthen party
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Disgusting is not too strong a word to describe the afternoon tea we were served.
3 tiny bits of bread with cheap fillings in: a thumbnail of ham and what appeared to be tomato purée in a 1 inch diameter burger bun, tuna mayo - no cucumber- in a tiny 2inch square wrap and egg mayo - no cress- in one triangle of stale white bread.
Requested stale bread be replaced. It was, by more stale bread with a scraping of filling. Spoke with manager: stale bread is apparently normal and cannot be avoided!! Appalling quality of sandwiches is also normal - err, no it is not.
Manager dismissive and no intention of admitting kitchen/ business failings.
On to the cakes!! You would expect formby hall to bake its own wouldn't you? Or even if cutting corners, to buy some quality fresh supermarket cakes. Oh no. Formby hall must scour the cheapest shops in southport to find the long-life packaged, 1970's inspired dusty, sugary monstrosities.
A sandwich shaped thin Swiss roll masquerading as a Victoria sandwich cake, a tiny, gross chocolate cake square and an inedible 2 inch x 1 inch carrot cake both straight out of a dubious multipack. Top it all off with a 2 inch square, manufactured scone ( I use the term scone loosely) and suddenly you realise how much you have been conned. As one of my friends said ' I've thrown better food in the bin'.
It's my first visit - the spa treatment was ok but overall, with the afternoon tea, appalling value.
I was considering a weekend break but I will never visit again.
We left after our afternoon tea and went straight to lady greens garden centre for food - how bad is that!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Parbold
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

I regularly visit Formby Hall Hotel for coffee or lunch and am never disappointed. The food is good and it’s lovely to see the golf course from both the bar and restaurant. The staff are friendly and there’s always people around so always has a good atmosphere. The recent refurb pretty much transformed the hotel so if you’ve never been before or if it’s been a while since you’ve visited, it’s well worth going.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2017

We recently held our annual Conference here. The whole experience was excellent.
The organisation of the room, the facilities and the food could not be faulted.
Delegates were able to relax with the Sauna or golf or in the bar.
Staff were attentive and friendly.Can wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here many times but it seems to get worse every time! This time i went with my mum - we had wedding guests sat on our table outside who left all their empty glasses. Our room also had the toiletries left from previous guests. We then went down for afternoon tea where the bread was rock hard and stale! The treatments were very basic- the beauticians were lovely but you get a better massage at the hairdressers. We then went for tea - I asked for gluten and dairy free soup as they said i could eat this but they put cream on top! When ordering drinks the bar was filthy. I asked for soya milk to take to the room for coffee and they gave me it in a bowl! We were woken by very noisy guests during the night, the last time being 3.30 in the morning! Breakfast was supposed to finish at 10.30 but they were closing the shutters before 10.20 and not letting people get food so a lot of people were complaining! We handed our feedback form in but have heard nothing from them!!

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Corinne B
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay with the family. Hotel has a golf area and spa pool.
Kids enjoyed the pool and adults enjoyed the golf. Staff was lovely and friendly
Restaurant grill was ok and dinners there.
They also have afternoon tea

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family