See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2016

with this ranking and price , this hotel is only good for the garden.
the rooms are dirty. the outdoor hotspring is not bad.
the food, and service is good,
just rooms are dirty. seem like everything is old.

Date of stay: May 2016
3  Thank kennykty75
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I traveled with my wife and two kids, and this hotel makes one of the best memories of our Japanese trip. The hotel is in classic Japanese style, with luxuriously arranged Japanese garden. My two kids were fascinated by the beautiful fish in the pond that extends from beside the lobby to right outside our room. Feeding the fish became my kids' favorite activity while in the hotel. The service is excellent. Even though most of the staff hardly speak English, they care for customers' need to great details, from carrying luggage to preparing kimono style pajamas of sizes that fit every one of my family. The breakfast is extraordinary in traditional Japanese style. The hot spring pool is amazing. I enjoyed the outdoor pool under the clear sky surrounded by exquisitely arranged garden rocks. The ascthetic experience is unprecedented.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2015

Stayed here for 1 night with my wife while visiting local wineries. We found it to be a wonderful Japanese style ryokan, with a very spacious, well appointed room with outdoor spring bath,set amongst beautiful gardens with ponds full of koi and lovely figurines everywhere. The dinner we had in our room was excellent; traditional Japanese with numerous, delicious small dishes. Breakfast too was really good. Both meals were served by friendly staff dressed in authentic Japanese wear. The hotel onsen was big and of the usual high standard you find in Japan and, not meeting another guest on both my visits, I had the place to myself. We thought that everything was well worth the cost and will definitely be returning, next time for longer.

Room tip: Rooms on the ground floor have a nice position next to the koi ponds
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed February 28, 2015 via mobile

Last year, i went to this place.
This was our business trip so we didnt know what kind of places that they booked for us.
In my mind, it is just a hotel with traditional japanese culture like what i stayed in Kyoto.
But once we arrived, my eyes and camera cant stop admiring this place.
It is a very very beautiful places, with a private hot spring bath tub on open air. So you can enjoy the weather while you treat yourself with a relaxing hot spring. This is really beyond my imagination. The food is traditional Japanese, and it is exactly what i was looking for on my trip.All staffs were nice and really enjoy my day there.
I wish i can go there again with my family.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Joko S
Reviewed November 13, 2014

This is the one if you looking for authentic Japanese hotel to relax with hot spring near Mt. Fuji. Conveniently locate it about half hour drive from lake Kawaguchi and about an hour from most of tourist spot near Mt. Fuji including toll road to the fifth stage of Mt. Fuji. The hotel has only 36 rooms in huge land and surround by beautiful Japanese landscape. Food was excellent and all of their staff were so friendly. This area is well known for grapes and other fruit depend on season and you can enjoy fruit picking right outside of this hotel. Dinner and breakfast they serve was excellent and water quality of hot spring is also good.

Room tip: Call them and request with view you prefer. Some front of water fall, some front of pond fill with Koi fish which you can buy fish food and feed right from your veranda.
Date of stay: October 2014