“A fun, safe place go.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Gainesville, Florida
“A fun, safe place go.”
Reviewed 2 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I stayed at Osa Mountain Village in March. I was a woman traveling solo, and the thought of getting there was a little daunting, but Patricia gave me great advice and made it all easy. Flying in from the US, I stayed the first night in San Jose at The Adventure Inn, which is just a great, quaint small hotel that provides shuttle service to and from the airport. The next day I took a Sansa flight to Palmar Sur. The flight was a treat, very safe, and it's a beautiful way to come into the area. I was met at the airport by Shani from Shani Car Rentals, where I got a great 4-wheel drive Jeep to get up the mountain. The mountain is a little hairy the first time, but you get used to it. I was greeted by Patricia and Karen, and you couldn't ask for better hostesses and company. That's the thing about staying there. You can have as much or as little company as you like. If you're felling social, go down to the Rainforest Club at the pool and suddenly you have new friends. The pool and the view of the Pacific are beautiful, and the open, thatched roof clubhouse is just great. I loved practicing my shots at the pool table there, looking out at the mountains and the water. When I was there they had the bar open about every other night with good, simple food choices at very reasonable prices. Thank you, Alex and Alex. There's so much to do right on the property. The zip-line tour with the Tarzan swing at the end was the bomb. I'd never done it before but I'd sure do that one again. The fact that they supply you with fresh vegetables from the garden and eggs twice a week is an added bonus. The villas are very nice and modern, some with AC and some not so ask if you want that. I did, and I'd use it a couple of hours in the afternoon, but then it wasn't necessary the rest of the time. All in all, it was a great experience and an adventure for me. I recommend getting a villa right at the edge of the forest so you can wake up to the sound of the howler monkeys in the distance. The last night I was there it finally rained, and they were so happy! I'd love to go back in the rainy season and do the things I didn't get to do this time, like whale watching. It's a little cooler then, too. March and April are actually the hottest months. The only thing I'd have to suggest would be a sign for those coming from Palmar Sur. I drove way past the first time. If you come that way, take the first right just past the zip line place, then your first left to go up the mountain.

Rooms Location
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Solo
Management Response
30 Jun 2017
We had such a good time when you were here ... lots of talks and wine on the deck, right? Don't make a stranger of yourself. And thanks for the fabulous review. We love you too :-)
Steve F
Dellwood, Minnesota, United States
“Our OSA Mountain Village experience! WOW!”
Reviewed 13 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My Daughter and I had a fantastic time at the OSA Mountain Village Eco Resort. I too celebrated a birthday while there.We experienced almost everything they had to offer. From the exciting climb up the mountain in our four wheel drive Suziki to the waterfall tour through the rain forest jungle it was beautiful and very unique. The service was great, Orlando and Erick were great and the food was terrific.The people we met there welcoming and very fun. Moises did a great job lining us up with some super fun side trips too. How cool is it to have a fabulous zip line right there... nine stations with a Tarzan swing at the end. We visited the gardens and actually picked our vegetables and eggs for a special fresh morning breakfast.
You have it all at OMV... you can just relax and unwind with the wonderful sounds of the rain forest or you can have adventure after adventure with all there is to do. One of our favorites was the sunsets from the lookout spot on the mountain... beautiful!

Our Villa 30A was very nice with everything we needed and the back deck looked right into the rain forest.The WIFI worked great so I could check things from my tablet while there.

OMV is truly a magical place combining the rain forest with the comforts of modern living..... WOW!

Value Location
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Management Response
30 Mar 2015
Thank you for taking time to give us a great review. Although I did not get to meet you personally while you were here I hope to get that pleasure the next time you visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing