All reviews miyajima island ferry terminal hostel beds bathroom
Reviewed March 7, 2018

This is absolutely the best, best, BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. This hostel is literally only about a 10 minute walk away from the ferry (it's so close and easy to find!). When you check in, the staff take your suitcases and wipe the wheels, and then help bring it up to your room for you. I've never had the wheels of my luggages wiped before, which indicates how CLEAN this hostel is. You take off your shoes when you enter, and walk barefoot/in socks throughout the rest of the hostel. They have a kitchenette area for you to cook your own food if you wish. The rooms are so clean and the beds are so comfortable. You make your own bed, and blankets as well. This place didn't feel like a hostel, or a hotel - it felt like someone's home and that's why I loved this place. If I were to visit Miyajima again, I would absolutely stay at this hostel again. It's budget friendly and is just the best hostel experience I have ever, ever experienced. They don't take groups of 6 or more, so we split our group up. Absolutely stay here if you're traveling solo or with a few friends. This is an excellent hostel.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Absolutely fantastic hostel, the best I've stayed at. Everything is in pristine condition and very clean. Ideal location, right across from the ferry terminal. Light sleepers might experience some trouble falling asleep if people are snoring, but that's to be expected in hostels.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Kaniwa hoste is propably one of the best guesthouse you could ever stay. Perfect location, just opposite the ferry terminal. Very kind and helpful couple who manages the hostel. Neat and clean decoration.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2017

Friendly and nice staff, very professional and kind.
Super clean house, modern style house. Free coffee and tea in the morning. Free wifi. Soap, shampoo, hair dryer available.
1-min by walk from the peer once arrived in Miyajima Island.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

This is my first review on tripadvisor, I'm usually too lazy, but they deserve it. I really enjoyed my night at Kaniwa, the living room, kitchen and bathroom are furnished with love. I arrived with the ferry at 18:55 and even was picked up at the station, although it's just a two minutes walk. Stayed in the mixed 8-bed dorm with only four people, there are thick curtains to give you privacy in your bunk. The café that they recommend for breakfast, Sarasvati, opens at 8:30. It's a great and calm place to start your day, food and especially coffee are good. Thank you! :-)

Date of stay: March 2017