“Shut Up the People!”

Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the unique Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort, guests are encouraged to enjoy the serenity of the outdoor environment year-round. The Scandinavian Baths include a new Infra-red Sauna, recently renovated Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges, Fireplaces and expansive indoor and outdoor Relaxation Areas. Also available are Registered Massage reservations, getaway packages with local accommodators as well as a casual bistro serving healthy local fare. Scandinave Spa is open daily. The Baths are subject to capacity limits. We recommend visiting weekdays and evenings to avoid line-ups and long wait lists for access. Guests must be 19+ yrs old.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have been to this spa about 5 times in the past year. Originally I loved the place, but the more I went, the less relaxing it became. While at the spa people are supposed to be quiet - whispering only when necessary and are not allowed cell phones, ipods, etc while using the facilities. However, many people ignore this. I recently saw/heard 3 people in one afternoon with cell phones, and I notice that ore and more people carry on conversations at full volume both outdoors in the hot spa areas and ESPECIALLY IN THE WET SAUNA. it is becoming quite annoying and I am thinking twice before revisiting. A relaxing experience is being negated by rude people who think they don't need to follow the guidelines and by staff/ownership who are not enforcing their own policy of quiet and solitude. If I'm paying $50 for a few hours of peace and quiet I expect peace and quiet.

1  Thank BW1000Collingwood
ScandinaveBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

We continue to promote a quiet environment to all of our guests. It is difficult to maintain however without everyone's cooperation. We encourage our guests to honour the silence, particularly in the Sauna & Steam Room. We also encourage our patrons to let us know if there are guests not following the terms & conditions on the waiver form.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"relaxing experience"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Unusual experience of being outside in a bathing suit in February.
Beautiful facilities, friendly staff and lovely quiet natural setting.

1  Thank SurgeProtector
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The fact that you are not time limited in your enjoyment of the amenities makes it a fantastic deal, well worth a full afternoon. Also, the setting is beautiful.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The good:
-The 1 hour massage (that ran us $115 per person - thank god for insurance) was great. I was hoping for a bit of aromatherapy but the music was nice and the Registered Massage Therapist was really great. She was attuned to what I needed and asked the right questions.
-the water baths feel lovely and its neat to go around and try the different stations. I don't know if its because I don't know how to relax, but I just don't know if I would go again anytime soon.

The average:
-the "bistro" is really just a glorified snack bar. Everything is pre-prepared. That said, I had a soup and bread and it was pretty delicious. I had kind of expected a quaint little sit down restaurant.

The bad:
-it doesn't really feel like a "spa" and I don't know if its because of the busy-factor or what. It just felt more like a "center." It didn't give off the spa vibe to me for some reason.
-the relaxation pools, at least some of them are really noisy due to the waterfall. It's so noisy that it kind of goes beyond a relaxation noise. Same with the steam room. It makes a really loud noise that takes away from the ambiance
-OMG, they have these chocolate bars that are in red packaging that look really good but they tasted like some of the cheapest chocolate ever. LINDT they were not.
-They hand out water bottles... so not eco-friendly! They should have water stations with glasses or something perhaps

Overall, it was fun to visit, but I dont know if I'd make a habit out of spending the almost $300 for 3-4 hours of this...

1  Thank Christine D