“Shut Up the People!”

Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the renowned Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort and open all year from 10am-9pm, guests enjoy the serenity of the environment. The Baths include a Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges & relaxation areas. Also available are Registered Massage treatments, relaxing getaway packages & an on-site bistro serving healthy local fare. NEW in mid-January 2017 - Infrared Sauna & additional Relaxation Solaria
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Collingwood
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Shut Up the People!”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have been to this spa about 5 times in the past year. Originally I loved the place, but the more I went, the less relaxing it became. While at the spa people are supposed to be quiet - whispering only when necessary and are not allowed cell phones, ipods, etc while using the facilities. However, many people ignore this. I recently saw/heard 3 people in one afternoon with cell phones, and I notice that ore and more people carry on conversations at full volume both outdoors in the hot spa areas and ESPECIALLY IN THE WET SAUNA. it is becoming quite annoying and I am thinking twice before revisiting. A relaxing experience is being negated by rude people who think they don't need to follow the guidelines and by staff/ownership who are not enforcing their own policy of quiet and solitude. If I'm paying $50 for a few hours of peace and quiet I expect peace and quiet.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank BW1000Collingwood
ScandinaveBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
We continue to promote a quiet environment to all of our guests. It is difficult to maintain however without everyone's cooperation. We encourage our guests to honour the silence, particularly in the Sauna & Steam Room. We also encourage our patrons to let us know if there are guests not following the terms & conditions on the waiver form.

• Korean first
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Delightful February Outdoor Activity”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Unusual experience of being outside in a bathing suit in February.
Beautiful facilities, friendly staff and lovely quiet natural setting.

1 Thank SurgeProtector
Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unbelievable experience”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The fact that you are not time limited in your enjoyment of the amenities makes it a fantastic deal, well worth a full afternoon. Also, the setting is beautiful.

Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good "novelty" activity, FANTASTIC massage, but don't know if I would make the trek again”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The good:
-The 1 hour massage (that ran us $115 per person - thank god for insurance) was great. I was hoping for a bit of aromatherapy but the music was nice and the Registered Massage Therapist was really great. She was attuned to what I needed and asked the right questions.
-the water baths feel lovely and its neat to go around and try the different stations. I don't know if its because I don't know how to relax, but I just don't know if I would go again anytime soon.

The average:
-the "bistro" is really just a glorified snack bar. Everything is pre-prepared. That said, I had a soup and bread and it was pretty delicious. I had kind of expected a quaint little sit down restaurant.

The bad:
-it doesn't really feel like a "spa" and I don't know if its because of the busy-factor or what. It just felt more like a "center." It didn't give off the spa vibe to me for some reason.
-the relaxation pools, at least some of them are really noisy due to the waterfall. It's so noisy that it kind of goes beyond a relaxation noise. Same with the steam room. It makes a really loud noise that takes away from the ambiance
-OMG, they have these chocolate bars that are in red packaging that look really good but they tasted like some of the cheapest chocolate ever. LINDT they were not.
-They hand out water bottles... so not eco-friendly! They should have water stations with glasses or something perhaps

Overall, it was fun to visit, but I dont know if I'd make a habit out of spending the almost $300 for 3-4 hours of this...

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Lawyergal84
Collingwood, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Usually a good relaxing day except when people don't know you have to whisper remember hot cold relax if you follow the directions you will feel great

Visited December 2011