Best Ont stay & ski experience! A dream for the skiing family, with a lift at the front door and another beside the ski lockers. Lots of helpful, smiling, efficient & accomodating staff. We are a family with 2 tweens who like a luxury and ski in/out privileges on a budget. The deluxe room provided everything we needed: fully equipped mini-kitchen & fireplace beside which to eat the nuked up chili from home. Good linens, adult bathrobes for scooting down to the outdoor pools, comfy (a little too soft, imho) beds. The only thing missing for us was an ipod dock.
Kids LOVED the huge 90 degree outdoor pool and mom & dad loved the choice of 2 super hot outdoor hot tubs at ~105+. Fun and relaxing and nicely landscaped. We were surprised that the paths were unheated (as in Tremblant). Decent gym with ear buds for TVs provided. Our only real complaints about this Westin would be here. (1) Recreation area provides shower areas but no day lockers or even shower-side hooks to hang up bags/robes, which seems unusual for a hotel in this class. (2) Of course, apres ski, everyone's tippling in the hot tub, why not?, but it seemed staff had a hard time keeping the cans/bottle caps/debris under control. Same debris 2nd day. Someone stepped on broken glass and had to deal with first aid while shivering in the snow. Did see maintenance staff and housekeeping tidying and fixing minor things, but coffee cups and beer caps/cans ignored.
Would agree with previous reviews that charging for parking and WiFi comes off as nickel and diming. Took advice of previous reviewers and parked for free at surface lot, located just before the hotel, at the end of the pond. No probs and a very quick and pleasant 5 min walk from main door along a gravel sidewalk.
Beware that dogs are allowed and are everywhere. DD has allergies/asthma to other pets so we requested a pet-free room. All dogs seemed to be on leashes and very well behaved. Never heard a peep from any dogs on our floor or even in common areas.
Did not try O&B as menu same as in TO. A very popular choice, and after eating overpriced sushi in the village, I would go with tried and true O&B instead. Also did not try the Plunge! water-park next door as seemed aimed more at the under 10s and kids preferred to spend time enjoying fresh powder. Also did not require kids' club services but the room is teensy and seemed and after thought, definitely didn't seem to be very popular.
Would recommend and would stay again, but probably splurge for a loft. Some huge suites available!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, just two hours northwest of Toronto is nestled between the shores of Georgian Bay and the heights of the Niagara Escarpment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Westin Collingwood
- Westin Trillium Hotel Blue Mountain
- Collingwood Westin
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Blue Mountains, Ontario