Review Highlights

too hot onsen

Reviewed October 27, 2014
NAKAMURATERUHISA
Kunitachi, Japan

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

yufuin is famous onsen area i heard. almost every onsen is inside ryokan. best onsen is musoen. but far from Yunobotsu street. so i just visited here. they open here 10am and close 3pm. i enjoyed snowing atmosphere in here. it was great time in my life.

1  Thank eddyphdhong
Reviewed October 14, 2015

There are so many people along the main street. You can find many shop around there. I would like to recommend walking along the river side.

3  Thank zappyzapper
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Visited on rainy day so a few persons at site.
The staff is very nice, the massage machine is so good after long walking day.

1  Thank Mint P
Reviewed July 22, 2015

i enjoyed onsen very much. it indeed made my skin smooth and that effect lasted for over a week. amazing !

1  Thank 129robr
Reviewed March 23, 2015

This is a small town famous for its hot springs. Hot spring is expecially enjoyable in the winter. First round of hot bath in the early morning helps to energize the body and withstand cold weather. Another round of hot bath at night removes fatigue and ready for a good sleep. Hotel will provide detailed information on rules relating to taking hot bath wearing Yukata the right way. Please do read and follow those rules to show our respect to local customs.

5  Thank ryanteo
Reviewed January 29, 2015

We stayed at Hoteiya for three nights so I have no idea about the other onsens. In Hoteiya my room had an attached spa. I tried both the attached spa and public spa. Both spas had same water which was very gentle and odourless.

2  Thank Jay L
Reviewed December 5, 2014

Yufuin is a famous hot spring spot.
However, spring quality is "simple spring".
When you bathe, I do not think that there is a special something effect.
Some of the hot spring is the color of marine blue.
The marine blue color of the hot spring contains the meta element.

And if want to enjoy the hot spring, and to a little far, but is high taxi fares
It is recommended to go to the "Tsukahara hot spring".

Town of Yufuin There are unique museums are several.
If you are interested in art, when check that you are hosting what.
Streets is fashionable, it is a good idea and enjoy a pudding of Yufuin at the cafe.
However, if compared with the Beppu, who Beppu is to price is cheap
Restaurant is also the place is often delicious cheap towards the Beppu Onsen area.
I as a Japanese, than the price is high hot spring is isnt Yufuin to you guys
Sea alike mountain, it is recommended a delicious Beppu Onsen area and cheap.

Caramel pudding is delicious.
Creamy is the texture of the panna cotta style.

2  Thank malsol
Reviewed November 10, 2014

My fault for expecting too much! Reading about Yufuin, I had an image of pretty, well-preserved village with many onsen. It is small and can be visited in one morning, but I would not recommend it to anyone; best to spend more time in Beppu. Yufuin's main attraction is a long street with stores, cafes and restaurant on both sides. Yes, you can find some nice souvenirs and the village is probably very relaxing in the evening; but it all feels like a tourist trap, no charm at all.

5  Thank RaoulJean
Reviewed October 27, 2014

we stayed at a japanese style inn named 'tsuenonosyo' where we dined with diverse quisine from local fish.vegitables and beef .So amount of dishes that we spared out which was mottainai in Japanese.Onsen(hot spring) house was away from inn ,that was nice and temperature was over 40 celcius degrees ,need to pour in water.a view from outside a hot spring was looking upward to mt.Yufudake that,s awesome.

2  Thank NAKAMURATERUHISA
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The tourist office is quite hopeless because the spoken English is limited. But they try! Suggest you do as much research as you can before heading here. We loved this quaint onsen town!

Because our rooms are booked for the entire trip in Fukuoka, we took a bus trip out to here. The journey here was about 2hrs. It originated from Hakata Bus Terminal, passes by Tenjin and Fukuoka Airport (yes, this mean the next time we come, we can simple head straight for Yufuin Onsen).

The journey was picturesque with padi fields, trees and mist. One of the more pretty road trips. We spent a day here, and a really nice lunch, and even managed to onsen!

This is an awesome little town to stay just to chill out for a few days and enjoy nature.

3  Thank MouMou