All reviews complimentary breakfast family mart the ground floor convenient store clean hotel spent nights would stay again stayed for one night style food check in was smooth hotel lobby private beach shabu shabu ocean balcony aquarium okinawa
Reviewed October 28, 2015

The hotel is far more worse than I expected. Firsly it's not cheap so I will expect more, but once I open the door I found it's a very old fashioned hotel room. The fan is full of dusty. The kettle and the tap for shower doesn't work properly. Bedsheet and pillow are very old. Even I can't open the door at the first very beginning and I need to ask the lobby staff to help.The hotel itself stated it has a personal beach but actually the hotel is right situated alongside the beach so everyone can access to the beach. I think I won't stay here for my next visit since everything is very old.

Room tip: The room is too old unless they renovated all the facility
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Weng H
Reviewed September 22, 2015

AJ Kouki Resort Hotel is located on the right if you travel south on Route 58.

There is a convenience store next to the hotel, of which I believe most of the room guests take much advantage.

The hotel restaurant is on the second floor, but we did not try it for dinner. We had breakfast there the next day. It was delicious.

Our room was fine. We slept with and woke up to the sound of waves down the hotel.

There was a mini kitchen, but we did not bother to use it. Only one key was provided. No door bell was installed outside the room. Wi-Fi was available, but we used our own mobile router instead.

The hotel was worth what we paid for. We were satisfied with what we got.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JiveSun
Reviewed August 1, 2015

We stayed here a few nights on the top floor.
The hotel is directly at the beach and all rooms look over the sea.
The breakfast was mainly japanese style but there is a convenience store on the ground floor.
There is a small kitchen in the room but we did not find any tools to cook.
Hot pot and a large fridge are available as well.
The room has a LAN connection and the hotel supplied us a router for the wifi, which was free and working well.
There are a few restaurants nearby but for shopping you may need another 10 minutes by car.

Room tip: The restaurant across the street is very good!
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2015

great hotel service great breakfast room are old and smell beach are so nice but don't had safe guard on duty please well prepare all the swimming kit easy to find the hotel and next to hotel there had lots of restaurant and easy to access to other landmark sightseeing point i love this hotel service!! please rennovation

Room tip: great staff warm service
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2015

First off, location was good for us as we didn't want to stay near the city (Naha). We had a rental car so location was not a problem for us. There was free and ample parking spaces below the hotel. There is a Family Mart (convenience shop, like 7-11) right at the ground floor of the hotel.

The room was spacious (I was in 707), had fantastic ocean view, big balcony and was all spick and span. Full amenities provided including a somewhat powerful hairdryer, good quality cotton Pyjamas (top & bottom), electric kettle. Rooms were refreshed on a daily basis. The shampoo/conditioner/body soap provided were written from Shiseido, not sure if the inside contents of the container are really so but the products were surprisingly good. The conditioner was not "weak" as ladies would understand, the little bottle of conditioner at many other hotels have zero moisturising/conditioning effect. The bottle of the liquid hand soap states "Kose"... if the hotel are indeed using these good Japanese brands, kudos to them!

Service at the helpdesk was excellent too. Staff (like all other Japs) were very polite and courteous. English may be a problem. So speak very very slowly and in very simple words! My only fuss was the breakfast. I am an extremely fussy eater and I usually do my breakfast "western" style. A lot of the food were somewhat Asian/Japanese (rice/congee/miso soup/ sukiyaki - hotpot). Cereal was extremely limited, there were some scrambled eggs on alternate days, a very limited variety of bread and pastries. However, I do not fault them as majority of the hotel guests are Asians.

Be sure to check out the restaurant (Chura-Hana) just across the road from the hotel for dinner! Must try!!! I have also done a review on it so check it out.

Room tip: All rooms are ocean facing. Perhaps a room on higher floors would be better. There are no Queen/king beds in this hotel. Only twin beds.
Date of stay: April 2015