“Beautiful!! but expensive!!!”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels / Ryokan in Nago
tokyo
“Beautiful!! but expensive!!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2008

It was the beautiful hotel. I think this hotel is the one of the best hotels in my life. It was so perfect that I felt as if I had been in Disney land.
Though the hotel is like a luxury resort in western country, It is a pity that we can not enjoy Okinawan style. And everything was so expensive (restaurants, shops, staying expense itself!!) that I couldn’t feel relax. what is worse, we had seen lots of differential treatment during stay. I mean, there are big difference between the people who stay at club floor and the people who stayed economy floor!!
I recommend this hotel, if you have much money. The more money you have, the more fun you can have! (Same as life??)

• Liked — atomosphere
  • Disliked — snob visiter
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kyoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 11 July 2008

My husband and I stayed at this property again in mid-June. This time we stayed in a "natural ocean view" room instead of the "deluxe elegant," in which we stayed last year . The room was beautiful and spacious. The bathroom was lovely, with a large tub and very nice separate shower. The view fantastic, the food--at both Mahae and Fanuan--delicious.

However, the portions at Mahae for the cheapest course were so small we had to stop by the bar (forgot the name - the one with live music) for some snacks. I know it's the "cheapest," but it was still expensive (at least 5,000Y) and I expected to get full (I'm a petite person).

However, we noticed one thing during this stay more than we did during our last stay. Noise. We could hear neighbors on both sides of us - shutting the bathroom door, dropping something, talking at times. Kids in the hallway, running, screaming. Parents running after them. Kids waking up early in neighboring rooms and waking me up as they venture to the hallway. Not my idea of a break from the workday grind.

If you do not like to vacation at a place with lots of kids, I would avoid this property during peak Japanese travel times - Golden Week and August. The weather in August is miserable anyway. At times the pool looked like a kiddie YMCA swim class. I don't mind the kids, but I know some folks don't like to vacation at places with lots of children.

But would I stay here again? Yes. I would just go mid-week.

• Liked — Everything but the thin-ish wallks
  • Disliked — Thin-ish walls
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hikari
Tokyo
Reviewed 18 June 2007

Definately the best resort in Okinawa. Lovely rooms, excellent service, clean, well-maintained, excellent food. Best buffet breakfast we've ever had! Really, you can't go wrong as they have something for everyone regardless of age and gender within the resort. Not cheap, though, but well worth it!

• Liked — views of sea, pools
  • Disliked — Very limited selection of alcoholic drinks in restaurants (no mai tais, etc)
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank nje0303
Yokohama,JAPAN
Reviewed 26 August 2004

I can guarantee this is the greatest hotel in the world.Busena terrace has beautiful private beach and nice indoor/outdoor poolsI could spend luxuary vacation in the great room with nice amenities.Hotel stuffs are so polite,intelligent and friendly.Inddor/outdoor pools and gym are available.G8 summit held here,presidents&prime ministers stayed,too.

9 Thank Akky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nago
1.5 km away
8.5 km away
ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
0.4 km away
The Terrace club at Busena

Been to The Busena Terrace? Share your experiences!