All reviewsset asidefront deskjapanese hotelsitami airportlarge shopping centercomfortable hotelbuffet breakfasthotel is locatedsubwaystylemarketosakapublicoutskirts
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here while on a business trip. The hotel is right next to Senri-chuo station, and also the monorail is easily accessible. It's a large hotel, that is reminiscent in style of the 1980s and not really like a modern Japanese business hotel. My room was very large and comfortable, though the furniture and fittings (e.g. carpets) looked old, and appeared to be at the end of their life. I found that quite unusual because it's not common for things to be worn out in Japanese hotels. It didn't seem possible to adjust the air conditioning.

The hotel has a couple of restaurants, two of which offer breakfasts in the morning (one is a buffet breakfast, the other Japanese style; the buffet breakfast is fairly Japanese in style also, and very pleasant). I ate in the buffet restaurant in the evening with some colleagues, and found it a little strange that some breakfast items were in the dinner buffet (croissants!). Most of the buffet dinner food was good, including some beef that was really excellent.

I don't think I would have stayed here if I was a tourist in Osaka- better to stay somewhere central- but the location was convenient for my work and access to public transport was very good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Senri宿泊部, SENRI HANKYU HOTEL at Senri Hankyu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable comments relating to your stay with us. We’ll reference your comments to our restaurant staff.
We are so sorry to make you feel uncomfortable. We will improve our equipment get better and better. Thank you for your comment, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon and enjoy your stay with as.

SENRI HANKYU HOTEL

Reviewed August 15, 2017

I picked this hotel, over the Hyatt, for two reasons. I found the location of the hotel more accessible by subway, and when reviewing the Hyatt many people remarked on its location. The other reason I chose the Senri Hankyu was because of the large outdoor pool. I'm aware that most people traveling to Japan do not want to spend a lot of time by the pool. However, I had two teenage boys who needed down time because Japan in August is incredibly hot and humid. So, here is my only issue with the hotel: The pool is only open from 11-3:30 and it's open to locals who purchase day passes. Nor is there any seating set aside for hotel guests and at first the pool people wanted me to pay $20 per person in my group and there were 4 of us. I understand opeing the pool to the public because we appeared to be the only hotel guest using it the day we went. I addressed this issue with hotel management and they were very accomodating and polite. Needless to say I didn't have to pay to use the pool. If I had known about the pool hours, I would have stayed at the Hyatt. In my family we like to get up early see the sights and then return to the hotel, in the late afternoon, for swimming and to cool down. I feel that the hotel should make their pool policy very clear on their website. Overall, the hotel was nice, a little on the older side, but the staff is very polite and gracious. There are also a lot of great little restaurants, shops, and markets nearby. I would recommend this hotel for families.

Room Tip: Make sure to pick a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located out from main Osaka center with all the activities. Is quite and pretty well maintain. You still been offer a big room key chain and key in this modern digital world. Breakfast is decent, not great. Room is clean and cozy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2017

We stayed at this hotel during our Japan tour in April '17. We were assigned room on 3rd floor. As soon as we got off the elevator, the hallway had chocking smoke odor. We thought may be it is in the hallway, the room should be ok. But room was even worse! We immediately went to the front desk and requested a No Smoke room. We were lucky and were at the front desk just in time. We got the room on the 7th floor. This room was small and the bed was against the wall, but it was much much better than the one we had on the 3rd floor.

Our friend were a bit late in getting down to the front desk for room change. The hotel was full. The hotel management were helpful and they did 'Ozone' treatment but 1) it did not eliminate smoke odor completely and 2) by the time the 'Ozone' treatment was over, it was past midnight!

Communicating with front desk in english was a bit challenging. But it was not that bad.

B'fast was very nice.

Stay at this hotel only if you get a smoke free room.

Room Tip: Get a room on 7th floor in New Wing. DO NOT get room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2016

I wasn't expecting much but was in for a nice surprise. Great locations, steps from the monorail and the subway. Many among the staff don't speak English, but in Japan the kindness and goodwill can be a shared language. The WiFi was much better than many of the reviews gave me to expect, the breakfast spread was varied and healthy, and of course the rooms had all the conveniences you would expect in a Japanese hotel of this nature. Senri Hankyu will convince you weddings are not about to fall out of fashion in Japan at least! Taking your boyfriend there may take him a step closer to popping the question!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business