See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Alacati is magical! and Insula hotel is beyond belief charming. the room we stayed in was straight out of a "relaxing retreat" magazine cover. charming shabby chic furniture, a fan that moved like it had no care in the world, soft furnishing, the mosaic-ed bathroom, everything was spectacular. The streets of Alacati are not exactly suited for driving, we didnt know this and we drove up to the hotel, there was no way to go ahead and driving in reverse in a single lane street with street side cafes on both sides was not going to be easy - the restaurant owner/manager stepped forward helped us with the luggage, took the car keys, patiently waited for the cars behind him to clear ( I am sure he endured a lot of angry looks on our behalf as well) and parked the car while we checked in. he didnt even break a sweat and acted like it was nothing - just like it was everyday when tourists clogged these beautiful narrow streets!

The breakfast we had the following day is by far my favourite meal of all 10 days that we spent in Turkey! everything was fresh, served at the table - none of that help yourself buffet stuff. the service was spot on, the minute we had polished off the freshly baked bread, sigara borek a new basket full of even fresher stuff magically appeared. I didnt want the breakfast to end. the mascerated figs they served took me back down memory lane to Santorini!

Alacati is Instagram goals times a million but we hardly took any pictures as we walked around enamoured by this sleepy town with its white and beige stone buildings with its vividly painted doors and windows. This hidden gem is off the tourist path and this is where the well-heeled turks holiday. we almost drove off to see the nearby Cesme but drove right back in and stayed a few hours longer. we didnt want to leave Alacati and I definitely wanted one more breakfast. The owners are the sweetest hotel owners we've ever met!

There is one room with the bathtub in the middle of the bedroom - I would avoid that room - but everything else is perfect!

Room Tip: avoid the room with the bathtub in the bedroom - everything else is great!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Korkut D, Sahibi at Insula Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Dear Mr.Vora
Thank you so much for your review. It makes us very happy that you are pleased with your breakfast . Looking forward to seeing you soon in Alacati .

All our best

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

While in cesme me and my buddie visited this place twice. The menu is nice and easy to understand. They clearly do entertainment like bands but we was unfortunate to have to chance to encounter the band. I really recommend this place you won't be disappoined.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Korkut D, Sahibi at Insula Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Thank you so much for your review. It makes us very happy that you are pleased with your dinner. Looking forward to seeing you again at Insula

All our best...

Reviewed October 25, 2017

My friend and I from South Africa were in Alacati a while ago and had a wonderful lunch at Insula. We had some of their hummus too which was like a meal in itself! The owners were also very friendly and hospitable. Thank you for a great time!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Korkut D, Yönetici at Insula Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thank you so much for your review. It makes us very happy that you are pleased with your lunch. Looking forward to seeing you soon in Alacati .

All our best

Reviewed October 25, 2017

With a baby and a kid we had choosen this restaurant for available place to sit but the quality of food was under average. The prices are far from quality and taste. By the way the serving people were so kind and helping so this covered the odds. I have no idea about the hotel but just the restaurant.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

We visited Insula on our family holiday because it was empty, and we had no idea of where to eat. What a mistake. The waiter was literally incompetent, they didn't pay attention and got the order completely wrong. The starters came out with the main courses, so no one could finish all of their good. The food was near on disgusting, and the portions were tiny. The potato served with the veal fillet shouldn't have been called potato because it was puréed. 3 starters and 4 mains came to a whopping 400 lira. Therefore I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone, nor will we ever return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family