“Good food, well priced ”
Review of O Virgilio

O Virgilio
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Sao Vicente
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had filled strives and peppered steak, both of which are good. The archives came with pairs and vegetables and the steak with chips and salad. Good value for money and friendly staff.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

The traditional fish is excellent and the seafood is even better! The beef is not so good though, so if you are into seafood you will love this place!

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Well came back to this lovely restaurant for this holiday.
Started off with the local favourite lapas, the quantity and quality was excellent.
Ordered 2 prego... basically beef with Square and egg on top, accompanied by Freshly prepared homemade chips and fresh salad. All of which was beautifully presented.
The service was excellent and was not waiting forever.. but decided to visit late afternoon after the lunchtime rush..
Will be coming back here for sure

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Very typical (read old fashion inside). Service super slow. Simple menu. But what we ordered tasted well. And locals go there. And for a good price. Not chique but food was Ok. Worth one visit.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

I visited here with my in-laws, both of whom are born and bred and still live in Madeira. Despite ordering in Portuguese, staff were rude and impatient. Our order of Octopus was well received although not brilliant, two orders of Espada were ok but served with vegetables more akin to mush, however my seafood pizza was a disaster. I wouldn't normally order pizza at all but the smell got me, it arrived at the table with 5mm of cheese on top, all oily and congealed which put me off straightaway, my first bite in I had a mouth full of mussel shell and beard and further investigation showed that was all the seafood on there, a few mussels and tiny shrimp, however digging a bit deeper it appeared that the base hadn't even been cooked, it was slimey and raw. Not wanting to cause a scene, I took it inside and gave it to the waitress, she couldn't have cared less and told me she'd cook another, I said not to worry, we'd already waited at least 40 minutes for our meals to arrive as it was, she just walked away. A young male waiter came to our table and asked me to order something else but being as by this time everyone else had finished I decided to go without. I paid the bill and received a glare from the girl and an apology from the young man, he was very pleasant but this place is definitely not worth the effort.