“Really good eating house no fuss”
Review of O Virgilio

O Virgilio
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Sao Vicente
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed February 18, 2018

The area is a small strip near the sea with restaurants and gift shop. This is a low key simple family place where locals also eat. The food is full of flavour, fresh and such good value. The devilled shrimps were so good and fish soup flavoursome apart from the simple large sardines, good wine and fresh orange juice all for 27 euros and we were stuffed. Thouroughly recommend and hope they do well

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

This was one off my best meals of sea foods! Great service. Asked for a special of mixed seafood and got exactly what I was hoping for. The Pizza was also over my expectation, both crispy and cheesy!

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

We ordered octopus with onions and beef steak. Not really tasty food, too big portions of side dishes.

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

We visited this so called restaurant on the 13th of November mid afternoon. We ordered the cod and fries, repeated the order twice to the waitress, waited nearly 40 minutes and was served the cod with rice and vegetables, spoke to waitress who confirmed fries on the way, cut into the cod which was raw and cold for most of the centre. Sent my meal back and waited for the fish to be returned properly cooked, it eventually returned where as the rice was now cold along with the vegetables, again asked where the fries were, blank look !!. Returned the meal as I was not eating cold vegetables dinner rice . Shame about the bad service and food to say it was supposed to be a fish restaurant. Paid for my partners meal but not mine, was told I didn’t have to pay as good will, not the way to run a restaurant in the first place and would query the supposed chefs qualifications. There are other places to eat around this area so suggest everyone does. Worst restaurant so far in Madeira.

1  Thank Blackrst681
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had filled strives and peppered steak, both of which are good. The archives came with pairs and vegetables and the steak with chips and salad. Good value for money and friendly staff.