All reviewsbeach resortlong driveneeds improvementcable tvother resortsswimming poolnlexrentcrbudgetsubic
Reviewed June 29, 2015

We came here for an overnight stay last June 12, 2015. It was a holiday, so traffic along the way was horrid. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a queue in the parking lot. The parking attendant told us that there weren't any parking spaces available at the moment. We had to park our vehicles outside the resort and wait for the day tourists to leave.

Do not book the beachfront room during peak season. All-nighters are most likely to stay in the cabana beside that room since it's the only area with good lighting that can hold a big group.

The rooms remind me of retreat houses we went to during highschool.

Wi-fi is only available at the front desk. No radio or TV in the room either. According to the receptionist, the owner decided to do this to let guests enjoy the beach.

Extra-curricular activities:
We tried the banana boat on the first day and "island hopping" the day after. "Island hopping" consists of going to a cove with a rocky bank and some white sand. Aqua shoes are recommended if you have sensitive feet. Boat rental is for two hours. You have the option to stay on the cove or go snorkeling. The boatman will provide goggles but it would be better to bring your own snorkeling gear.

A volleyball net is available for rent. We saw a billiards table by the bar but we didn't ask if it's for rent.

Good points:
* Check-in was a breeze
* Buffet is personalized: as a group you get to choose your buffet set and it is served solely for your group.
* The beach: we didn't want to leave. The beach's stretch is enough for back and forth jogging or running. The sand is fine enough to go barefoot.

Needs improvement:
* The pool: it's more of a mud bath.
* Additional shower stations: it's one shower versus x number of visitors.
* Trash along the resort's periphery: I saw a diaper, some empty snack wrappers and torn plastic bags.

Room Tip: Do not book the beachfront room during peak season.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kris O
Reviewed April 20, 2015

When I booked my room in this hotel, I was a bit apprehensive, because of the mixed reviews I've read. But I figured, it is the cheapest drive-able resort I can find where I can bring my kids, So I decided to just try it out for myself.

The drive from Manila took around 3 - 3.5 hours through NLEX (North Luzon Express Way) then JASA, then SCTEX. It was a long drive, but I can say that it was all worth it.

The room I booked was their regular room, a small room with a private bathroom. It can fit 2 adults and 2 kids. There are no Cabinets, and a small floor space. But since you are there for the beach, the room space is not a problem, since most of your time will be spent outdoors under the sun anyways.

What's important is that the room and the bathroom are clean.

The resort is quite spacious. There is plenty of room to move around. There are cabanas in front of the resort, where you can leave your beach things while you go for a dip in the beach, or if you'd just want to lay around the sand, and let the kids build sand castles or what have you.

The Resort is always kept clean, I noticed the staff will always be walking around with a broom and a roving trash bin. Trash bins are also located all around the resort.

The beach is quite nice as well, you won't experience stepping on trash, unlike other beaches that I have been to before. And the water is clear.

There were some jellyfish during the time of our visit, but it was the white fat ones that does not sting. If you are scared of sea critters, this might be a cause of concern, but it is not like that through out the year. Just do a little research on what the best time is to visit Morong Bataan, so you can avoid the little jellies.

We also ate on their restaurant and I could say that their food is not bad. Some are a bit salty, but all in all the taste is not bad. We've tried their breakfast, our favorite is their Tosilog (Tocino (sweet fried pork), sinangag (fried rice), Itlog (egg)), their Tapsilog (tapa (beef jerky), Sinangag, Itlog)) is also good, Their erving actually surprised us, it was big, you will definitely be full after your meal. For Lunch / Dinner, our favorite is their Shanghai Rolls, Their Garlic Rice is amazing, We also tasted their Adobong Kangkong which is really good.

Apart from the beach, the resort also offers a swimming pool for those who do not like swimming at the ocean. My kids definitely enjoyed their kiddie pool, just the right height for an eight year old to swim at. My 1 yr old enjoyed it too, using her floater. The adult pool is not completely deep, at a steady 5 feel depth. The water is okay, not murky. And it is always cleaned by the staff, removing stray leaves and what have you.

All in all I would say that this Resort has given my family a good place to visit on a yearly basis.

We are definitely looking forward to coming back next year, we will be bringing my husbands parents then.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
17  Thank elaprty
Reviewed February 17, 2015

best in morong...

i like:
1. warm welcome by the very hospitable resort staff;
2. they got a driver's quarter;
3. the food is so GOOD
4. since there is no wi-fi & t.v.in the rooms, guest can really relax and have some quality time
5. massage can be requested into the guest rooms
6. they got a very comfortable and spacious guest room though the comfort rooms need more updating
7. they OFFER ONE OF THE BEST SUNSET EVER!
8. the rate is reasonable
9. the beach is safe and can be enjoyed both by night and day swimming since they have this big lights facing the sea during the night
10. we leave early the next day, upon request they provided pack breakfast for us.

not so... stuff:
1. the wifi is only at the reception - but it is fine with me, but some guest dont like it.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
11  Thank nomad g
Reviewed January 2, 2015

This was our first choice when we went to Morong, Bataan. But as we explored the resort, we were so disappointed. The rooms were smelly even the expensive ones and the pool was murky. So we had to look for another resort. Thank heavens, there was Miami Heat Beach Resort beside it which was new and more modern.

Unfortunately, the chef in Miami Heat Beach Resort was on-leave so we had no choice but to order our dinner at Waterfront. Goodness, we waited for more than an hour for the food to be served and when the food came, they were so disgusting. Aside from that, they overpriced their food. It was not worth it. Adobo dish costs 280, and the meat was raw from the inside. It was really a yuck!

I am not recommending this resort. There are other resorts in the area.

Poor service, poor facilities but it was huge though...

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank penskie
Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2days with my friends and and the view when u wake up in the morning will give you good energy.

I love to come here again and experience again the green nature and nice view from the beach.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends