Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$270
Orbitz.comUS$270
TravelocityUS$270
Hotels.comUS$270
CheapTicketsUS$270
TripadvisorUS$270
All reviews abaka bay can't wait to go back relaxing vacation paradise island beach meals nature locals
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Abaka Bay was paradise! We intended to visit Ile A Vache for the day, and ended up staying overnight at this beautiful resort right on the beach. The meals were amazing and the staff very warm and friendly. It was truly a GEM, the highlight of my trip to Haiti. I highly recommend this resort and look forward to visiting again.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank KGB612
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

So glad you felt Abaka Bay was Paradise. So happy that you extended you stay due to the beauty of the location. We are also pleased you enjoyed the hospitality and food. Thank you for the great recommendation! Paradise awaits you, come again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2019

Me and my fiancee came to this resort to celebrate his birthday weekend.I should have know this resort was full of s**t. They picked us up in an old fishing boat they turned into a speedboat. It took 30 minutes of me screaming and praying to God to get to the island safely because the motor in the makeshift speedboat kept dying and the ocean waves were rough. When we finally arrived at the island, they had to pull us up onto the dock where I fell because the boat was not high enough to level with the dock. They guided us to and area on the dock for us to wait for the check-in person who had us sign a waiver saying the resort is not responsible for anything. The room we booked had a problem so they changed our room to a suite.The suit had no running water and only one of the air conditioners was working. We were also the only guests at the resort. Me ad my fiancee we not happy and let the checking person know we were not staying at the resort. The resort refuse to refund my deposit.Needless to say save your money and time do not book this place.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank veronica k
Reviewed February 24, 2019

"So why are YOU going to Haiti?" asked the lady sitting in the seat next to me on the flight down. Fair question -- admittedly, it's not somewhere one would randomly choose to visit without good reason. For me it was Abaka Bay... really the one and only reason why I came all the way. I was lucky to be the only guest on the first night I was there. And dinner was buffet style... lobster and steak. Really now… a lobster dinner for 1… serious! It did feel a bit surreal being waited on by so many staff and having the entire resort to myself for the day!! The next day two couples arrived so it felt more "normal"... but I also loved the "private island feel" of the first night.

I can't say enough exemplary things about the staff, the resort itself, the beach and activities, and... the food! I guess I could use an adjective like 'sensational' or something similar... but it would probably still be an understatement. Ms. Ketura was phenomenal in assisting me with planning the trip for over a year. I needed to get everything just right... the flights, the transfers, the onward journeys etc., and she made sure the transfers and pickups were seamless and had everything planned down to the T. She, and everyone else who assisted me when on the property was thoroughly professional, and they run a spot on operation. Obviously one can simply look at the photos I have uploaded here, or those of others elsewhere on the web... it's a given that you're going to love it when you get there. The walk over the mountain and to the other side of the large island of île-à-vache reveals views that have to be seen to be believed. The little darling lambs running to their mommy for a feeding, under a piercing blue sky reflected in sapphire-turquoise waters below stretching to the horizon is a painting you might imagine heaven to look like. And of course the resident doggie coming out to say hello to every guest!

So where's the rub? How is this slice of paradise not inundated elbow-to-elbow with everyone looking for their share of fun in the sun? Answer: 1) This is Haiti, not the easiest place to travel around... and 2) Unless you can wrangle a chopper to whisk you here (BTW the resort has TWO helipads so flying in wouldn't be a problem and that's how Bill Clinton did it -- see the pics on the wall in the dining room), you'd have to go through Port-au-Prince and then drive (not recommended if you haven't done it before)… or be driven … or be bussed (like I did) 4-1/2 hours or more to get to Les Cayes... and then take a boat to get to the resort. Travel in Haiti is... let's just say... interesting, entertaining. Traffic in and around the capital is chock-a-block gridlock with sights, smells and road conditions unlike any you may have ever encountered, and on the road to Les Cayes, impromptu demonstrations can spring up at the drop of a hat and just simply shut down the highway. Hopefully after more turmoil earlier this month, things will return to normal and people will once again be able to travel without hindrance to île-à-vache. The Haitian people are, like others everywhere around the world, really kind and helpful to foreign tourists even if they don’t speak your language, but it'll serve you well to be cautious and always have transfers and travel arrangement made with the Resort and their driver/ agents well before you get to Haiti. The hotel staff and agents they contract with do a phenomenal job coordinating everything,

Other than that... as I mentioned above... for those who take the time and effort to make the trip out to the far west... I'll bet you a chunk of change that once you get to the resort, you'll want to linger longer. As for moi... I can't wait to get back!

Date of stay: January 2019
3  Thank gq_dq
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Wow!!! What an amazing review! Thank you for your eloquently written description of your stay at Abaka Bay Resort. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your visit and took the time to write such a detailed account of your journey on this idyllic island! Please know that this is your home away from home and we look forward to seeing you in the future for more adventures in Paradise. Once again, Thank you so much! Your encouraging words mean a lot to us.

Reviewed January 9, 2019

After arriving from one of Haiti's popular yet bustling resorts it was a wonderful transition to enjoy the pristine beach and waters of the magical Abaka Bay Resort on the idyllic Ile de Vache off the south east cost of Haiti. The wonderful and welcoming staff, deliciously fresh cuisine and friendly locals allowed my family of seven to unwind, reconnect with the land of their forebears and most importantly have fun!
We loved it

Room tip: The casitas are right at the beach's edge and and offer full views of stunning sunrises and sunsets!
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lksorel
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Awesome Review! So glad that you had fun and were able to unwind in your native land! So pleased that you found the beach pristine, the food delicious and the staff wonderful. Glad we could be your family's secret hideaway!

Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

It's a lovely place, we usually go with my family to places in Haiti, and this year is a wonderful experience. You guys should definitely think on coming and visit this place.. oh and Merry Christmas

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Thank Phoenix Luigi C... F
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2018

So happy you had a wonderful holiday experience at Abaka Bay with your family and found the place lovely! Thank you for sharing the good word for us about the fun you had. Please do come back to make more amazing memories!