All reviews public car park pay and display four poster bed generous portions sunday lunch real ale lovely old building piping hot an evening meal stayed for one night full english lovely room salmon double room excellent value for money family room whiskeys
Reviewed January 13, 2017

Always a warm and friendly welcome. Very characterful surroundings, extensive lunch menu, and the wine is always served at the right temperature! Good choice of beers too. We haven't stayed overnight here, so can only comment on the bar.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2017

i booked this hotel last minute, via Booking.com due to work commitments. on arrival i checked in, my request for a quiet room away from traffic noise was confirmed & i was allocated a room in a little ginnel way, up several stone steps, opposite the main building (room 22 i think).
this room had a hand carved 4 poster bed, with en-suite bath \ shower & loo, big screen tv & tea \ coffee making facilities. it certainly had the WOW factor.
i didn't eat at the hotel that night, but i had breakfast the following day, plenty of choice, & all freshly cooked.
i would definitely return to this hotel

Room Tip: be nice to reception !
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2016

Quaint old hotel with lovely courtyard, comfy bed and excellent big bath towels but.....four poster bed, huge chandelier, wonky floors, beams, steep narrow stairs, no, not for me. The room was way over furnished and very stuffy but whilst working at the desk I was shocked to feel the whole floor shake as a truck drove by outside, even the door rattled in its frame! Dinner and breakfast good value but sorry I won't be back

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Local to us, we enjoyed a very well prepared meal, very good service excellent value for money (especially the wine) and will be using this place again.
The menu is traditional but its very easy to navigate and choosing well tried favourites is comforting.
There is a smart bar serving very good real ales and a great whisky collection.
Staff are always helpful.

Room Tip: The bridal suite is very good
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

My wife & myself stayed here for a couple of nights because we were visiting the NEC, which is only 25mins away which was good.....well what can we say apart from the establishment and the staff are 1st class...pleasant & polite and extremely helpful...the room was lovely and cosy with a comfortable bed, tea and coffee facilities and a nice TV to watch after a long day and an evening in the bar...if I was being picky I would say that the shower wasn't the best but I think it was down to the shower head...take heed....a quick fix for the proprietor....food was lovely...nice portions,hot and reasonably priced too....we had an evening meal in the restaurant which was faultless..a nice touch was letting you take drinks back to the room...overall we were extremely impressed and would recommend the Greyhound Coaching Inn ....we will be back soon....

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple