“Wonderful little place”
Review of Hummingbird Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Hummingbird Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Wonderful little place”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This hotel was booked as a family get a way, and I am very pleased it was chosen. Paul and Linda (the owners) made us feel very welcome and comfortable. The hotel is small, but it is extremely nice. The rooms were cleaned daily, the grounds were clean, the pool was beautifully kept, and the house pets, a ginger cat, small snowy dog, and Rainbow the parrot were very friendly. Breakfast was ok, lunch and dinner can be provided if ordered in the morning, but many eateries are a 15min walk away. Paul was my in-house activities person and gave many good recommendations including a glass bottom boat to Buccoo Reef which was fabulous, especially getting of the boat in the middle of the ocean for a dip on a hugh sand bank(water was about 2-3ft high). I rented a car from Ashton by the airport and had adequate parking space by the hotel. I had a really lovely time at the hotel and would definitely return in the future.
p.s Maybe the Guinea Pigs have they little ones by now.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelwolf75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Wonderful place to stay, not really close to the beach, but walkable and u might want to rent a car anyway.
The rooms are decent size and comfortable. Very affordable and close to the airport.
In tobago, I cant think of a better place to stay.
Dont give this one a miss if u are in tobago

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThiaTravelvast
Trinidad
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My wife and I chose this spot based on the reviews on this site and we are happy to say we were not disappointed! With respect to value for money this is one of the best places we stayed. Not that close to the beach, if you dont have a car you would have a little walk. Its the small things that count when choosing a place to stay and they got most of them correct like:
1. The shower worked well with a good supply of hot water
2. Room service did a great job of neatening the room
3. Nothing was stolen from the room while we were out
4. Friendly host, the guy did a great job
5. Cozy room, it was really nicely decorated
6. The tv and cable worked
The only issue I had was:
1.The parking was outside of the compound and hence not as secure as I would have liked but Tobago isnt really known for crime
2. Once the office or "lobby" is closed reaching them via telephone is a little difficult
But overall a great experience! I will be staying there in the future and would be recommending them to my friends

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Trini_Yick
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This was our third visit to Tobago which we love. We decided to try the Hummingbird this time because of the great reviews in Tripadvisor, and loved it.
Our room which was a superior room, was comfortable and and well equiped with both a quiet A/c plus a ceiliing fan.
Paul and Linda were great hosts and really welcoming, and we made good use of Paul's excellent culinary skills. We also enjoyed the resident pets, Rainbow the parrot, Joey the cat and Sparkle the dog.
Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs and very light and airy.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank B0b_Sue
San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I just got back from spending the weekend at Humming Bird Hotel with my boydfriend it was a birthday gift to me and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed my stay, we got in friday and checked in with no hassle and no waiting. The owners were very, very nice and offered to drop us off at the beach after breakfast if we so desired. The pool was always clean and the surroundings also. it was my first time in Tobago and it did leave a memorable impression on me. I plan to return in a few weeks and would definitely be staying there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jaaye
fishguard
Reviewed 29 April 2011

A lovely place for staying in Tobago, very close to the life of Crown Point and Scarborough. Paul and Linda are a wealth of knowledge and the accommodation is excellent.. Hint! Walk to Canoe Bay it is the best beach we found for beach combing, coral, shells and sea fans.
We will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Morawel_Fishguard
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Thanks to the glowing reviews other users have left, my friend and I stayed at the Hummingbird last week, and we were not disappointed. Everything that's been said is still true - the owners are lovely and the hotel is comfortable and spotless. I wish the rooms had windows (at least ours didn't) as it made me feel a little caged in, but other than that I have no complaints. There is a restaurant on the premises, and Linda and Paul will take you to the beach - great service! We did have a rental car (which I would highly suggest for Tobago), which helped us get to town and around the island. Loved the hotel and the island, and we felt like we got a lot for our money....would definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
8.8 km away
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
5.9 km away
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort

Been to Hummingbird Hotel? Share your experiences!