Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Helpful on a Budget

Reviewed 3 days ago
Alan A
Thank you PTW for organising a great trip to Costs Rica on such short notice

Reviewed 6 days ago
Pernillecohen

All reviews costa rica manuel antonio zip lining pura vida day trip la fortuna white water rafting always on time top notch hot springs great job travel agent helped us plan beautiful country tour companies excellent service exceeded our expectations
Reviewed 3 days ago

PTW helped us design a wonderful vacation experience on a budget. We have a tradition in our family that when any of our children turns 11, he / she gets a special trip with dad. My daughter chose Costa Rica because she likes rainforest animals. PTW corresponded patiently with me through 3 or 4 rounds of changes to meet our budget and interests. We did two nights in Sarapiqui Rainforest Lodge and 4 nights in La Fortuna, while touring the surrounding area. PTW was easy to use / work with (though the payment system is a little cumbersome. I didn't respond to the payment link fast enough and had to contact PTW to re-submit but admittedly "not fast enough" was more than 24 hours on my part - so maybe that's my fault). We only had to contact PTW once while in Costa Rica (because everything worked as planned) and they quickly responded. We wanted a clarification of one tour. Anyway, we had a wonderful time seeing rainforest hanging bridges, riverboat tour for wildlife, waterfalls, horseback riding. Just lovely. I felt safe the entire time, even walking around at dinner time when it was dark. We just loved it and made lifelong memories.

Reviewed 6 days ago

PTW made a super well planned trip for us and the tours, hotels and transport were exactly what we had hoped for.They even made the impossible possible ..... finding my lost iphone and bringing it to me on my last day in San Jose. Thank you again PTW

Reviewed 1 week ago

Staff at Pacific Trade Winds suggested an itinerary given our budget, and worked with me to continue to revise it until it included all we wanted. I had originally planned to rent a car and make all arrangements myself, but after investigating further became concerned in my ability to do so, particularly given our limited time and desire to do a lot. They were very helpful in helping us with our choices. All lodging, transportation, and activities they suggested and arranged were excellent. This was an important and long anticipated trip for our group of four, and we were very pleased with every bit of it. I highly recommend them to others.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Two of my best friends and I knew we wanted to visit Costa Rica, but really knew nothing about what to do/where to go, etc. I found Pacific Trade Winds online, and described my ideal vacation in Costa Rica: half adventure and half relaxation. They planned everything for us, and even tweaked the initial itinerary for us so we could fly into a different airport.

PTW greeted us at the airport, where we had private transfer to our first resort. They planned four amazing tours for us, from Ziplining at the volcano to a catamaran on the Pacific coast. The resorts we stayed at were beautiful, transportation always on time, and friendly people everywhere we went.

I cannot emphasize enough how amazing this company made our vacation. We are so grateful! If you're planning a trip to Costa Rica, use Pacific Trade Winds - it'll be the adventure of a lifetime!

1  Thank Gina J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a first time traveler to Costa Rica, I did not even know where to begin with planning our vacation. Pacific Trade Winds made this the easiest vacation planning experience I have ever had! We had the best time with all of their recommendations and made the experience completely stress free! I highly recommend using them!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

PTW, especially Chantel, provided great services, helped us to plan 13 day the trip in advance without wasting time and money. It was awesome. All we needed to care about in the trip were the vouchers provided beforehand. That's why it was a perfect vacation without stress and any problems. We received good advice and perfect service.

1  Thank Username777
Reviewed September 21, 2018

I contacted PTW, to plan a honeymoon where I did not have to plan anything myself or coordinate between operators/tours/vendors/transport. 100pc recommend them to anyone who wants a headache free experience with the MOST responsive team on the ground. Ivannia was extremely helpful with tailoring our experience to our budget for our 10 day trip and coordinated all our activities, and tours. We did not have to worry about transportation- which was amazing, air-conditioned and on time every day. We had wonderful accommodations and the tour operators they chose for us were professional, punctual and worth every penny!
Do not hesitate to contact them, let them make this the most enjoyable trip and take their suggestions! They are responsive within a few hours and really provide a wonderful level of service.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

After initially wanting to plan our Costa Rica trip ourselves, it didn't take long until we were convinced that we should rather have Pacific Trade Winds organise the tour for us. We were travelling as a group of six, the ages ranging from 6 to 72, so the interests were somewhat varied... Pacific Trade Winds were super helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating, they replied in depth either via email or phone, and in the end made sure that we really had the best trip of our lives (so far...)!

Our tour included private transfers between all venues, and all drivers were on time, super friendly and chatty, and we generally felt very safe and taken care of. We started off in San Jose, went over to the tropical dry forests at Hacienda Guachipelin (hot springs, walks in the national park, river tubing, horse riding to the waterfall), then to the beach in Samara (surfing, turtle watching at night, and dolphin and humpback whale watching during the day). Next we went to Monteverde for a couple of days (saw hanging bridges, guided cloud forest walks, coffee/cacao/sugar cane tour), and eventually transferred to the Arenal volcano at Los Lagos and Tabacon (zip lining, ATV tour to the volcano and river, one day at Tabacon, river safari floating).

We saw a LOT of wildlife that we only knew from documentaries, and enjoyed such varied surroundings that we will certainly be remembering this trip for the rest of our lives. Thanks Pacific Trade Winds for helping us planning the trip, it was the most seamless and well organised trip we have ever been on. Absolutely spot on!

Pura Vida!
Felix & family

1  Thank KRF_UK
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

PTW was absolutely reliable, trustworthy and helpful. They seamlessly planned the major portion of our 12 day trip to CR and worked with us on the parts of the trip we planned ourselves. The transportation for every leg of our journey was great, and the day trips turned out really well. The accommodations were excellent and we always felt safe with the drivers. They were incredibly responsive on email to make adjustments to our itinerary as needed. We highly recommend PTW without reservation.

1  Thank PSK_13
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I would 100% recommend using Pacific Trade Winds if you decide to travel to Costa Rica. Using them made our entire experience smooth, everyone was very friendly and overall we had a great time. Something I can't stress enough is that we did ultimately decide to travel during a rainy month, so this was a MAJOR benefit for us. We saved money and had the best vacation ever! All my adventures can be found at LexPaige.com.

1  Thank Lex P
ptwarenal, Manager at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your vacation, Lex! Anybody traveling to Arenal or Monteverde should check out her website for a travelers perspective on visiting these destinations. Thanks again, Lex and ¡Pura Vida!