“Trip to La Fortuna”

Pacific Trade Winds
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific Trade Winds is your one stop source for private tours and adventure travel in Costa Rica. Take a private tour to Arenal Volcano and then unwind in tropical hot springs. Hike through the jungle to a gorgeous celeste blue waterfall surrounded by emerald green rainforests. Our all-inclusive tours will allow you to unwind on beautiful tropical beaches after touring, exploring and adventuring the rainforest and volcanoes. We'll take you to Costa Rica's top destinations such as Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Puerto Viejo, Tamarindo, Samara or the Osa Peninsula. Certifications include ICT, Canatur, BBB and more.
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

I decided to use this agency since I was a single female solo traveler. This was my first time in Costa Rica and I did not want to rent a car. I stayed in only one region. At the Arenal Volcano/ La Fortuna. They were extremely helpful, kind and courteous with accurate information and quick to respond to my many, many questions. And let me say that I had a LOT of questions. They booked my hotel which was the perfect choice for me since I preferred to be in the rainforest and at a less touristy area. It was absolutely amazing!!! They organized my transportation to and from Liberia airport to La Fortuna. I was very grateful because otherwise, I would not have known where to begin to get the most cost effective transportation. I also booked excursions through this agency. But, let me just say. Find out first where your hotel is located because you can hike or walk to some without including transport. That will definitely save you money for any of the area attractions. I did 3 without and 2 as a tour package. You can also take a bus or call a cab. Your hotel can book any excursions for you, too, at no extra cost. So, you can't go wrong booking excursions through this agency. Costs are the same. However, if you walk or hike to an attraction, you only have to pay for the entrance fee. For example: The Catarata Waterfall in Arenal national park was a twenty minute walk/hike from my hotel. So, I just payed the $15.00 entrance fee with no tour guide or transportation cost. Granted it would have been nice to have an informative tour guide. But, if you're on a budget, its good to know this ahead of time. All the drivers, tours, etc., were great. They were kind, professional, very informative and I felt very safe. Only one driver had trouble with English. Almost everyone in La Fortuna speaks very good or fair English. I highly recommend this agency for all your Costa Rican travel needs. Especially if its your first time visiting Costa Rica. They have ALL the answers you need before you travel. Muchos Gracias, Pacific Tradewinds...Pura Vida!!!

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Thanks for the kind review! It was our pleasure to help you have a safe and enjoyable vacation.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"from start to finish"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2017

We used Pacific Trade Winds for our Costa Rican vacation. They were outstanding from the start, customized a terrific vacation that was very-well suited to our requests and specific needs. Throughout our 10 day trip they were very responsive and professional. Our trip would not have been as special as it was if it were not for PTW! I would recommend them to anyone going to Costa Rica.

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Thanks for your review. It was our pleasure to serve you and we are thrilled that you had an amazing time in Costa Rica!

Reviewed March 25, 2017

I worked with 2 other travel services to help book our trip to Costa Rica and felt most comfortable with Pacific Trade Winds. There was excellent communication and no hidden service fees. This was a week without a glitch! We were traveling with our 3 adult children all in their 20's. Hotel recommendations were perfect---we loved both Nayara in Arenal Volcano and Los Altos (penthouse room) in Manuel Antonio. Our private drivers and all private tours went as planned. All were pleasant to spend time with and knowledgeable, especially Jorge, our driver, and Andres, our guide at Manuel Antonio National Park. All of the tours were top quality and we had an amazing experience...can't wait to go back!

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Can't wait to help you to plan your trip back! Thanks for the kind reiew and the opportunity to serve you and your family.

Reviewed March 25, 2017

What an amazing service. They delivered on everything that they promised on the itinerary. We weren't back and for the about 7-8 times before we decided on the final itinerary. They were patient and available to help. To be honest, we weren't sure what we were going to get when we booked, but everything exceeded our expectations. We booked hotels, transportation and activities with them. They were extremely knowledgable and helpful with selections. I even emailed and added a couple activities to our agenda without any problems. They responded very quickly with emails and I was able to make payments through Paypal to get the activities booked. W will go back to Costa Rica and use this travel service again.
Thank you Pacific Trade Winds for making our vacation amazing!

Thanks for trusting your vacation to us. It is an honor to exceed our customer's expectations every day! We look forward to your return to magical Costa Rica and helping you plan it... maybe even discover more amazing places and people next time!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

I was having trouble deciding what activities the family and should participate in while visiting Lake Arenal, Tamarindo and the rest of Guanacaste. Luckily I was referred by a friend to Pacific Trade Winds and a lovely gentleman named Enrique. He was a pleasure to deal with and knew everything about what was available I told him our varying interests and he planned us the perfect vacation. It was so easy and took so much pressure off of me. I'm usually the cruise director type but with Enrique's expert help I was actually able to not think and freaking enjoy my vacation!!! I highly recommend letting PTW handle your booking whilst in Costa Rica and the surrounding areas. Also make sure to ask for Enrique. The man is a pro

Thanks for your kind review. We will pass your praises along to Enrique as well. He is our sales team leader, and phone person extraordanaire whose added expertise of decades in the travel business is great to answer any obscure question or explain some of the package options a little more in detail. He will set you up with a member from our sales team to help you plan the perfect vacation for you!