“Pacific Trade Winds - Great flexible package tour company”

Pacific Trade Winds
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific Trade Winds is your one stop source for private tours and adventure travel in Costa Rica. Take a private tour to Arenal Volcano and then unwind in tropical hot springs. Hike through the jungle to a gorgeous celeste blue waterfall surrounded by emerald green rainforests. Our all-inclusive tours will allow you to unwind on beautiful tropical beaches after touring, exploring and adventuring the rainforest and volcanoes. We'll take you to Costa Rica's top destinations such as Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Puerto Viejo, Tamarindo, Samara or the Osa Peninsula. Certifications include ICT, Canatur, BBB and more.
Reviewed March 30, 2017

The staff at Trade Winds were very warm, friendly and helpful as well as being available on weekends and at night. We made some changes which were updated promptly without difficulty on their part. The whole seven day trip went like clockwork.

We changed transport pick up times twice with little notice, which they easily accommodated us with. Each transportation arrived on time or a little early.

Their recommended hotels were perfect. Tabacon Thermal Resort and Spa was a beautiful hotel as well as their Shangri-La hot springs waterfalls. We loved the Villa Blanca in the cloud forest and milking the cows. Issimo Suites was nestled in the trees with a clear view of the Pacific. We would wake up early with the birds and watch them fly around. We were fortunate to experience two Toucans and two Scarlet Macaws. Small monkeys came to visit the pool for water and to cool down.

Our only disappointment was Emmanuel Antonio. The beach there was beautiful but we hardly saw any wildlife. Maybe they were all at Issimo :o)

Pacific_Trade_Winds, Manager at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Thanks for your review! We are glad you got to experience so much beauty and wildlife. Sounds like you were quite lucky! It was our pleasure to serve you!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"from start to finish"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2017

We used Pacific Trade Winds for our recent trip to Costa Rica. We can't praise them enough for the excellent service and assistance. Initially we provided information on the areas/attractions we wanted to see. They responded with a customized itinerary which included everything from the pick-up at the airport, transfers, tours and hotels, returning to the airport 2 weeks latter. Our custom itinerary included Rio Celeste, Arenal Volcano (La Fortuna), Monte Verde and the Weston Playa Conchel. Transfers were arranged with Ride CR an we were very impressed with all of their drivers and vehicles. The team at PTW were fantastic. Thanks for a memorable trip.

Thanks for allowing us to put this memorable trip together for you. It was our pleasure, and we appreciate your kind feedback.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

I can't express enough how great Pacific Trade Winds was! They were so easy to work with, helping me customize our vacation. I made several changes during the planning stage and each time they responded quickly with an updated itinerary and price. We even made a change mid-trip (moving from Monteverde to Tamarindo a day earlier than planned) and they were able to change the hotels and transportation within a day! All of the vendors they use were reliable and on-time. I would definitely use them again!!

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your kind review. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

I decided to use this agency since I was a single female solo traveler. This was my first time in Costa Rica and I did not want to rent a car. I stayed in only one region. At the Arenal Volcano/ La Fortuna. They were extremely helpful, kind and courteous with accurate information and quick to respond to my many, many questions. And let me say that I had a LOT of questions. They booked my hotel which was the perfect choice for me since I preferred to be in the rainforest and at a less touristy area. It was absolutely amazing!!! They organized my transportation to and from Liberia airport to La Fortuna. I was very grateful because otherwise, I would not have known where to begin to get the most cost effective transportation. I also booked excursions through this agency. But, let me just say. Find out first where your hotel is located because you can hike or walk to some without including transport. That will definitely save you money for any of the area attractions. I did 3 without and 2 as a tour package. You can also take a bus or call a cab. Your hotel can book any excursions for you, too, at no extra cost. So, you can't go wrong booking excursions through this agency. Costs are the same. However, if you walk or hike to an attraction, you only have to pay for the entrance fee. For example: The Catarata Waterfall in Arenal national park was a twenty minute walk/hike from my hotel. So, I just payed the $15.00 entrance fee with no tour guide or transportation cost. Granted it would have been nice to have an informative tour guide. But, if you're on a budget, its good to know this ahead of time. All the drivers, tours, etc., were great. They were kind, professional, very informative and I felt very safe. Only one driver had trouble with English. Almost everyone in La Fortuna speaks very good or fair English. I highly recommend this agency for all your Costa Rican travel needs. Especially if its your first time visiting Costa Rica. They have ALL the answers you need before you travel. Muchos Gracias, Pacific Tradewinds...Pura Vida!!!

Thanks for the kind review! It was our pleasure to help you have a safe and enjoyable vacation.