Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Highly Recommend!

As a first time traveler to Costa Rica, I did not even know where to begin with planning our... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
taylornwarrick
Houston, Texas
Great company for the best trip planning

PTW, especially Chantel, provided great services, helped us to plan 13 day the trip in advance... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Username777
Kiev, Ukraine

All reviews costa rica manuel antonio zip lining pura vida day trip la fortuna white water rafting always on time top notch hot springs great job travel agent helped us plan beautiful country tour companies excellent service exceeded our expectations
Reviewed March 30, 2017

We used Pacific Trade Winds for our recent trip to Costa Rica. We can't praise them enough for the excellent service and assistance. Initially we provided information on the areas/attractions we wanted to see. They responded with a customized itinerary which included everything from the pick-up at the airport, transfers, tours and hotels, returning to the airport 2 weeks latter. Our custom itinerary included Rio Celeste, Arenal Volcano (La Fortuna), Monte Verde and the Weston Playa Conchel. Transfers were arranged with Ride CR an we were very impressed with all of their drivers and vehicles. The team at PTW were fantastic. Thanks for a memorable trip.

Pacific_Trade_Winds, Manager at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Thanks for allowing us to put this memorable trip together for you. It was our pleasure, and we appreciate your kind feedback.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

I can't express enough how great Pacific Trade Winds was! They were so easy to work with, helping me customize our vacation. I made several changes during the planning stage and each time they responded quickly with an updated itinerary and price. We even made a change mid-trip (moving from Monteverde to Tamarindo a day earlier than planned) and they were able to change the hotels and transportation within a day! All of the vendors they use were reliable and on-time. I would definitely use them again!!

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your kind review. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

I decided to use this agency since I was a single female solo traveler. This was my first time in Costa Rica and I did not want to rent a car. I stayed in only one region. At the Arenal Volcano/ La Fortuna. They were extremely helpful, kind and courteous with accurate information and quick to respond to my many, many questions. And let me say that I had a LOT of questions. They booked my hotel which was the perfect choice for me since I preferred to be in the rainforest and at a less touristy area. It was absolutely amazing!!! They organized my transportation to and from Liberia airport to La Fortuna. I was very grateful because otherwise, I would not have known where to begin to get the most cost effective transportation. I also booked excursions through this agency. But, let me just say. Find out first where your hotel is located because you can hike or walk to some without including transport. That will definitely save you money for any of the area attractions. I did 3 without and 2 as a tour package. You can also take a bus or call a cab. Your hotel can book any excursions for you, too, at no extra cost. So, you can't go wrong booking excursions through this agency. Costs are the same. However, if you walk or hike to an attraction, you only have to pay for the entrance fee. For example: The Catarata Waterfall in Arenal national park was a twenty minute walk/hike from my hotel. So, I just payed the $15.00 entrance fee with no tour guide or transportation cost. Granted it would have been nice to have an informative tour guide. But, if you're on a budget, its good to know this ahead of time. All the drivers, tours, etc., were great. They were kind, professional, very informative and I felt very safe. Only one driver had trouble with English. Almost everyone in La Fortuna speaks very good or fair English. I highly recommend this agency for all your Costa Rican travel needs. Especially if its your first time visiting Costa Rica. They have ALL the answers you need before you travel. Muchos Gracias, Pacific Tradewinds...Pura Vida!!!

Thanks for the kind review! It was our pleasure to help you have a safe and enjoyable vacation.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

We used Pacific Trade Winds for our Costa Rican vacation. They were outstanding from the start, customized a terrific vacation that was very-well suited to our requests and specific needs. Throughout our 10 day trip they were very responsive and professional. Our trip would not have been as special as it was if it were not for PTW! I would recommend them to anyone going to Costa Rica.

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Thanks for your review. It was our pleasure to serve you and we are thrilled that you had an amazing time in Costa Rica!

Reviewed March 25, 2017

I worked with 2 other travel services to help book our trip to Costa Rica and felt most comfortable with Pacific Trade Winds. There was excellent communication and no hidden service fees. This was a week without a glitch! We were traveling with our 3 adult children all in their 20's. Hotel recommendations were perfect---we loved both Nayara in Arenal Volcano and Los Altos (penthouse room) in Manuel Antonio. Our private drivers and all private tours went as planned. All were pleasant to spend time with and knowledgeable, especially Jorge, our driver, and Andres, our guide at Manuel Antonio National Park. All of the tours were top quality and we had an amazing experience...can't wait to go back!

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Can't wait to help you to plan your trip back! Thanks for the kind reiew and the opportunity to serve you and your family.