“Awesome family vacation!!!”

Pacific Trade Winds
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific Trade Winds is your one stop source for private tours and adventure travel in Costa Rica. Take a private tour to Arenal Volcano and then unwind in tropical hot springs. Hike through the jungle to a gorgeous celeste blue waterfall surrounded by emerald green rainforests. Our all-inclusive tours will allow you to unwind on beautiful tropical beaches after touring, exploring and adventuring the rainforest and volcanoes. We'll take you to Costa Rica's top destinations such as Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Puerto Viejo, Tamarindo, Samara or the Osa Peninsula. Certifications include ICT, Canatur, BBB and more.
Reviewed April 2, 2017

Costa Rica had been on our family bucket list for some time, but we didn't quite know how to tackle putting together a week-long family vacation. Found Pacific Trade Winds online and dove in based on other online reviews. No regrets. Our agent helped us to customize a trip that fit our tastes and interests, as well as taking advantage of best places to visit by season. We relied on PTW for all our transportation, and it ran like clockwork. We loved the hotels we stayed in, and the activities were absolutely fantastic--kudos to the local tour operators they are affiliated with. Other travelers we came across were similarly impressed. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Pacific_Trade_Winds, Manager at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Thanks for your kind review. Thanks for trusting your vacation to us, we are glad you had a great time! We are here when you are ready to do it again!

All reviews
"tour companies"
"excellent service"
"exceeded our expectations"

Reviewed March 30, 2017

The staff at Trade Winds were very warm, friendly and helpful as well as being available on weekends and at night. We made some changes which were updated promptly without difficulty on their part. The whole seven day trip went like clockwork.

We changed transport pick up times twice with little notice, which they easily accommodated us with. Each transportation arrived on time or a little early.

Their recommended hotels were perfect. Tabacon Thermal Resort and Spa was a beautiful hotel as well as their Shangri-La hot springs waterfalls. We loved the Villa Blanca in the cloud forest and milking the cows. Issimo Suites was nestled in the trees with a clear view of the Pacific. We would wake up early with the birds and watch them fly around. We were fortunate to experience two Toucans and two Scarlet Macaws. Small monkeys came to visit the pool for water and to cool down.

Our only disappointment was Emmanuel Antonio. The beach there was beautiful but we hardly saw any wildlife. Maybe they were all at Issimo :o)

Thanks for your review! We are glad you got to experience so much beauty and wildlife. Sounds like you were quite lucky! It was our pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed March 30, 2017

We used Pacific Trade Winds for our recent trip to Costa Rica. We can't praise them enough for the excellent service and assistance. Initially we provided information on the areas/attractions we wanted to see. They responded with a customized itinerary which included everything from the pick-up at the airport, transfers, tours and hotels, returning to the airport 2 weeks latter. Our custom itinerary included Rio Celeste, Arenal Volcano (La Fortuna), Monte Verde and the Weston Playa Conchel. Transfers were arranged with Ride CR an we were very impressed with all of their drivers and vehicles. The team at PTW were fantastic. Thanks for a memorable trip.

Thanks for allowing us to put this memorable trip together for you. It was our pleasure, and we appreciate your kind feedback.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

I can't express enough how great Pacific Trade Winds was! They were so easy to work with, helping me customize our vacation. I made several changes during the planning stage and each time they responded quickly with an updated itinerary and price. We even made a change mid-trip (moving from Monteverde to Tamarindo a day earlier than planned) and they were able to change the hotels and transportation within a day! All of the vendors they use were reliable and on-time. I would definitely use them again!!

scdep, Gerente at Pacific Trade Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your kind review. It was a pleasure to serve you.