“A fairytale that became a reality...”

and 1 more site!
Villa Victoria Lodge
Ranked #4 of 11 Maipu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Okay, so in most fairytales they don't have flies buzzing around and super hot/humid conditions, but our group of three families could not have been more pleasantly surprised with our stay at Villa Victoria. The estate is located within walking distance of several wineries (recommend: Tempus Alba), and we also took two unforgettable wine tours into Lujan de Cuyo and Uco Valley. The house itself is a historical landmark - over 100 years old, beautiful English architecture, look and feel and is well decorated with paintings from local artists, and antique sporting equipment. The rooms vary in size, but they are all clean with plenty of storage space. It's an old house - so expect there to be creaking and oddly shaped quarters, but that is part of the charm. The VERY extensive grounds (about 1km circumference), include rows of vineyards, very tall trees, and a variety of exotic plants are very well manicured and is gated all the way around to provide a safe and very quiet sanctuary from the surrounding community. The spacious lawns were a dream for our young daughters to roam around without the worry of them wandering off into danger. Last but not least, the main reason I give five starts is the service from young Ignacio, Valentina and Gisel. I could not imagine a more responsible, dilgent, friendly and kind set of hosts. It is not easy to run an Inn, the details are countless, but they work very hard to ensure high customer satisfaction, are very open to feedback and went the extra mile for us in many situations.

Last tip - in hindsight, I would have rented a car to drive around to Maipu and Mendoza. Calling taxis can get interesting, especially during holidays, but that is another story...

Room Tip: For hot days, the rooms on the upper floor have better air conditioning
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 January 2014

While traveling in Argentina this is one of the nicest places i have stayed. The owners and staff are really helpfull, the place is clean, quiet, near winery's and it has a pool. Great place to relax, read a book and drink some Mendoza-wines. I would recommend this place to everbody!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I'm Staying as we speak at the Villa Victoria Lodge. Rooms are real nice, at least mine. And the place is a place for silent contemplation and reading. The villa is in old Swiss style, and a charming place. The pool are nice and have even room to swim. The breakfast is good. But don't expect 5 start type of buffet. Its more continental type. but served in a dining room or out on the terrace. The service is excellent and personal. Young people and eager to serve. The only thing about this place is that it is a bit out of town, so expect to use taxi or your own transport. But for wine tasting its in a ideal place. The staff will help u book tours and places to go for tasting close or far away. Will i stay here again. YES.

Room Tip: My room is big, its on the second floor and have a windows to 3 sides. The andes can be seen in the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We loved our stay at Villa Victoria Lodge, the breakfast was incredible and the rooms very comfortable. Gisele and Diego were wonderful, helping us arrange our visits to wineries and other activities. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

the atmosphere feeling likes in Europe, very relaxing and comfortable with the big pool. Food are ok but wine are excellent choice. Nice to be in winery for picking the fresh grape. for me it is so much lucky to be there. I have a business trip in Mendoza and my friend invite me there for a couple nights. I don't know I will have a chance to be there again or not. For the last, their staff is very helpful with English speaker. Since overthere there is not much people who can speak English well.

Room Tip: I was the room that can see the pool is very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Villa Victoria.Their staff were very friendly(especially Gisele) and their English was very good(Lol Spanish sucks so that really helped) I really felt at home although I was thousands of miles away from home.The rooms were clean.I promise to be back to Argentina hopefully my Spanish will be much better then!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

After a long bus ride we have arrived in the middle of the night and the owners waited to accomodate us. Due to the fact that the Villa only offers breakfast we were offered empanadas for a late dinner. We had three perfect days with bike tours through the wineries, with chilling at the pool or taking the tour to the Andes so that we extended our stay for 3 more days and we have not regret it! The two employees in charge (Gisele and Diego) were very helpful for organising our daily programme!

We did not feel as living in a hotel but as in a family vacation house!

Room Tip: Buy the wine in the wineries you visit, before stopping at the Villa go to a local store in Maipu an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple