“Enchanting”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed October 8, 2016

Beautiful B&B that serves great coffees, teas and breakfast. Memo graciously allowed me to take photos of all the famous quotes in Spanish decorating the walls. Then he gave us a tour of the upstairs rooms and sitting areas. Absolutely beautiful and enchanting place. Memo is an artist, musician, barrista and who knows what else.

1  Thank firethumb

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

Mid September, Chris and I visited Copper Canyon. We traveled a route from El Fuerte to Creel, back to Divisadero and returned to the Pueblo Magico of El Fuerte again staying at
Torres Del Fuerte Hotel (loved this place) both coming and going. We stayed at the Best Western in Creel because we heard they made the best cappucinos/lattes (an absolute necessity for us in the morning) and had nice, clean cabin themed lodgings (at 1700 pesos/day plus tax). But..... HOLD YOUR HORSES! . When we sadly discovered the cappuccino machine at the Best Western was no longer working we researched in a panic for an alternative source of good caffeinated beverages and discovered La Troje de Adobe. All I can say, is I wish we had found this wonderful guest house sooner. The proprietor, nicknamed Memo, served up the best lattes and breakfast and was very friendly and helpful in giving advice about the area (he's lived there for almost 20 years) . We looked at 2 rooms which were very clean, nicely decorated and keenly designed. If we hadn't already paid for our rooms at the Best Western, we'd rather of lodged here (the rate for 2 persons at La Troje was about 600 pesos) . Chris liked the loft style rooms upstairs. Highly recommended for coffee/lattes and lodging!

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

After arriving late one evening in Creel we didn't expect to sleep anywhere near a nice place. Right next door to the bus stop we found this coffee place that rents out rooms on its first and second floor - perfect rooms, great coffee and very affordable.

Reviewed May 12, 2016

Whole place is very special with super café( recommended ajaj café),I did played guitar with owner and can say that he is very good player (Owner played classical music. I will keep Memo and his wife Angi in my memory.
I can also added that room are big and very clean and is very closed from the station.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

I often travel around the world, and I found in Creel, Mexico the best hostel in the world.

I usually go backpacking when I travel, and for last Easter I decided to go to the Copper Canyon region. There I wanted to observe the Tarahumara celebration of the Semana Santa. In Creel, which is a hop, skip, and a jump away from Copper Canyon I found a fantastic place to stay: Café la Troje de Adobe. It is advertised as a “café and hostel.” I spent almost a week at Café la Troje de Adobe, enjoying this great hostel that offers a very reasonable place to sleep and eat.

The owners, Guillermo and Angelica, created a very artistic atmosphere in the entire establishment. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, as well as the café. The background music in the café is of the best taste, and Guillermo himself is a phenomenal musician. He is highly educated, with extensive knowledge about the Tarahumara, Mexico, and beyond.

The café offers a wide array of different coffees and organic teas. Each of the unique coffees and organic teas are amazing. They also offer beverages that are all natural herbal medicine blends, for any person feeling under the weather.

Guillermo and Angelica’s family house is full of life. With such gentle hosts, who are always willing to help, it was a true pleasure to stay there.

When you are going to see and visit Copper Canyon, Mexico, I strongly suggest you stay at the Café La Troje de Adobe. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Jerzy B