“Recommended ”

River Port Cafe
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Morpeth
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

First time visitor to Morpeth and I was struck by the quaintness of the town and the picturesque location opposite the river & bridge & farm land.

Enjoyed a decent sized cup of coffee with a friendly smile & conversation.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

We've been here many times previously so thought an excellent standard would continue. Think again. It started well with chilled water and glasses on the table plus a menu.
There were no signs to indicate ordering and payment at the counter. After 10 minutes, went to counter and discovered this was so. By that time three groups totalling 10 people were ahead of us with orders. A staff member took a lunch break and was also served. 45 minutes later with a 38 degree temperature through the open doorway we received our meal. My BLT looked good but chips and bacon lack of heat heat suggested that it had been cooked 10 minutes before my wife's omelette had hit the pan. Previously we thought of walking out but as we'd paid up front we didn't have the sense to leave. Bad decision but I left 90% of the BLT thinking it might provoke some thought. We only complained to the lass finishing her meal because the senior girl appeared to be hiding in the kitchen. I noted that the menu had a different name on it to River Port, sadly missed. Never again will we consider going there.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

A handy footpath table in the sun, a dog water bowl were the deciders on where to have a family lunch with dog in tow in busy Morpeth on a Saturday. The food isn't flash but nice enough. Brioche buns for the burgers & crisy salty chips in baskets were winners. The barramundi fillets on the burgers were a bit oily & lacking substance. Staff were friendly. Coffee was good. It's not a cheap dining option... but I'm not sure there are many cheap eats in tourist village Morpeth.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

I came to River Port Cafe for my first time in Morpeth for brunch with my boyfriend and his mother.
The cafe overall has a wonderful cozy look on the outside and has plenty of seating inside.
I ordered the cinnamon toast with maple syrup, bacon, and ice cream for around $19.
Although it is a little pricey it was amazing. The bacon was crispy (just the way i like it) and the toast was thick. It even had a thick layer of peanut butter and sliced bananas inside it. There was plenty of maple syrup and ice cream too. I was very full when i finished.
Since the cafe is right on the main street it is easy to find and get into, although the inside is best suited for people without big prams.
The view is nice from the window seats and the staff is very friendly. The artwork inside is incredible and the sign out the front was very funny. Whoever does it needs to keep up the good work :)

I will look forward to coming again for another trip to Morpeth and coming to the cafe.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

We stopped here on the way to a High Tea at Duckenfield for morning tea. Very friendly Cafe who despite being over run by a bus load of people were friendly and efficient.