“Dinner”

Price range: US$8 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1976
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Staff good fun and meal excellent value for money - no need for starter or dessert. Child friendly. Caters for larger parties.

1  Thank amandaB2371PL
There are newer reviews for Stavros Restaurant

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This taverna does most of its business at lunchtime so the evening is the perfect time to eat there. Choose your table and watch the promenaders on the harbour, the comings and goings of this pretty fishing village and the moon rising over the sea and the boats, yachts and coracles bobbing about in the harbour.
The menu is typical Greek taverna fare, nothing out of the ordinary but good food - too many chips with everything - and served with cheeriness. Some dishes may be off because of the lunchtime rush but there is plenty to choose from. Stavros' is off the prom on the other side of the road so the tables are not crushed together (although there are beach side tables) and you can sit in peace untroubled by other diners but a relaxed spectator of Piso Livadi summer life.

1  Thank Elizabeth N
Reviewed 31 May 2016

When my guest and I arrived at Anezina Village and sat down to have lunch at Stavros Restaurant, which is part of Anezina Village, we ordered a Greek Salad. What a Greek Salad! That was by far the best Greek Salad I ever tasted. And that's not the end of it. All the food I ate at this excellent restaurant was tasty, succulent and perfect. Stavros would keep the wine flowing. Because of the way the restaurant and tables are laid out, it made it super easy to talk with the other vacationers. We made real and lasting friends OVER excellent wine and excellent food. We would sit there for hours eating, drinking and enjoying conversation with others vacationing there. We couldn't have asked for more than that. Stavros' cooking is par excellence as is his restaurant.

1  Thank sgt5rock
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

I was on the day tour of the island & it was suggested that we have lunch there. We could see all the dishes being offered & my portion was very generous, & included a serving of bread. For me, far too much for lunch, but it was very flavoursome.

1  Thank Jenni C
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Our local tour guide hauled our group into this restaurant during an island tour of Paros. The place was owned by her friend. It was a nightmare experience.

My spouse and I were the second table to place our order. We had 1.5 hours to eat before our group had to get back on the bus. Everyone around us was served their meals before us. My salad finally came after an hour. My spouse's pasta carbonara did not. When he went to find the waitress, she ignored him. He then went inside to talk with he owner? chef? who merely laughed in his face and shrugged his shoulders. Fifteen minutes before we had to meet the bus, my spouse's pasta arrived.

The pasta was mainly plain noodles with a few pieces of sandwich meat and a sprinkle of cheese. It was one of the WORST pasta dishes he has ever had: bland, few ingredients, tasteless. He offered it to the cat, and even the cat would not eat it.

Other members of our group complained that the hot food they ordered arrived cold and that they had to take it back inside to ask for it to be reheated. Others ordered a variety of spaghetti dishes that also arrived tasteless, and with few ingredients.

While this restaurant does offer a nice view, the waitstaff are indifferent bordering on downright rude.

And of course, if a French group arrives, they are given preferential treatment even though you have been waiting 45 minutes to place your order. And of course, their food arrives first.

Avoid this place at all cost. Unfortunately, we learned too late that their was a Tripadvisor restaurant located a few doors down. Seek out that restaurant!!!