All reviewshotel gueststhermal poolsspa treatmentsdining roomrestaurant staffpool barmy birthdaymain poolwear a swimming caplounge chairsunique experienceshower caplarge poolwater jetsour waiterroom for improvementflight home
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

After spending 3 days in Venice and 3 days in Rome this was the perfect end to our Italian adventure to celebrate my 50th birthday. It certainly was the icing on the cake and we felt immediately relaxed from the moment we entered the amazing building. The room was inviting and interesting with a lovely marble tiled bathroom and thermal water supply to the bath.
The grotto experience was sensational and initially worried I would be afraid in the hot dark dampness, how wrong I was. I immediately relaxed and totally unwound as my stresses poured out of me with the perspiration. It certainly was the ideal way to spend time during the most amazing storm and rain. We were unable to use the thermal pools due to the extreme weather so took advantage of siesta time in true Italian style in our comfortable room.
Later the sun appeared and the pools opened so we partook of the healing waters. The therapeutic healing properties working their magic on my arthritic knee. It has never felt so good. Long may it last. If it doesn't it's a good reason to have to return.
The staff were all friendly and helpful without been intrusive. The waiter at dinner was very professional and passionate about his job and carved our rack of lamb with expertise and style. He also served the wine well and constantly topped up my glass (His name began with G and he chatted to us about his passion for skiing/my husband loves it too). The food was mouthwatering and delicious in the restaurant. The breakfast choice out of this world. The smaller poolside cafe also served delicious coffee and cake.
The live music by the friendly pianist was so much fun and he even played happy birthday to me and other guests joined in. It was the perfect end to a relaxing day. The cocktails were to die for and the bartenders mixed them with a skill that would put Tom Cruise to shame. The antipasto plate served with the cocktails added a special wow factor.
My husband wanted to make my birthday special and memorable. Well visiting here certainly sealed the deal and for me was the icing on the cake and was a birthday I will never forget!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this spa hotel for 5 nights. Has a therma grotta for which it is famous. Felt a little claustrophobic initially when entering the cave but was ok once I calmed my nerves. The temperature was not high enough to get me sweaty however my mate broke out into a sweat!

Only down side to this hotel is that there is no sauna or steam room. They said it's as they have their natural cave but-it's not hot enough!

They have thermal baths - an exclusive swimming area for hotel guests which is nice. It's not like some hotels where you get charged for towels and every little thing you request. We needed an adapter for my plug and they bought a few up at no cost. We got bit alot and they sent up a mosquito plug in too.

They don't have an iron in the room. Wish we knew as we ended up paying 40 euro to iron some clothes. That was a waste. Expect all hotels to have an iron.

Hotel is very secure. Gated off so you have entry via an intercom.

I couldn't fault the hotel. The staff were all so friendly except one. Laura who told my mate to come back in ten minutes for directions as she needed to send an urgent email. That got his back up. Then at check out she gave the wrong paperwork for a different guest. He really wasn't impressed.

Other than that, the hotel was nice. The staff (bar one) were very pleasant, friendly and spoke good English.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time in posting your review about your stay with us.

Please accept my gratitude for your great comment about Grotta Giusti. At our hotel, we always think of something truly amazing and unique we can offer to our guests.

A huge thanks to you once again and i am looking forward for your another amazing stay with us on your next visit to Tuscany.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2016

I and my carer had a twin bedded mountain view suite with two bathrooms,one a wetroom.The spa pool waswonderfully warm and relaxing,with in pool jacussis. i wasv able to swim which has not been possib le for 7 years - I was delighted! I would return again if it was a little less expensive.With a little more entertainment it would qualify as a 5* RESORT HOTEL. I AM Writing to the manager to offer non -proffession
advice on improvement to be made for disabled guests.I feel I am a pioneer for the disabled as i want to improve life,travel and all for other disabled persons.

Room Tip: Our room was number307 the veiw wasok.variety of guests inc.children-well behaved
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank maggiestirling2016
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

Dear Mrs Maggie,

I’m glad you had a great stay at Grotta Giusti and I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and our hotel and the thermal pools.
Thank you for your kind suggestions.

We hope to welcome you back soon in Tuscany.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2016

We stayed at Grotta Giusti for two days and overall enjoyed ourselves. The property is large and somewhat luxurious but definitely run-down - as others have pointed out, anywhere you look you will find chipping paint, worn carpets, and general signs of wear and tear. Our room was old-fashioned with no view at all (literally the window faced a rocky wall) but a nice tub you could fill with water from the hot springs (very cool). Unfortunately there was also a giant clump of someone else's hair in there when we checked in, and the drain was totally clogged so any shower meant standing in a pool of dirty water. Not ideal. The hot springs are really fun although the public part can get crowded. The private hot springs pool for hotel guests was much more pleasant, but would be nice if it had the same kinds of jets as the public one. We loved the grotto - such a unique experience. We also enjoyed our spa treatments - while the treatment rooms are not luxurious, the services themselves were amazing. Breakfast is a nice buffet (Nutella on tap!) and staff was always helpful and courteous. This is not the place to go if you are hoping for a super-fancy spa weekend, but it was an enjoyable weekend for us.

Room Tip: We stayed in the ancient villa and liked the authentic feeling of our room, although it was quite run-down in places.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed May 26, 2016

The thermal Pool and caves where amazing. The massages where nice but could have been a bit more deep muscle I would recommend this spa for a nice day, but I would like to see the smokers out of there! What is with going to a "healthy" place and there being smoking allowed?? NOT RIGHT.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about Grotta Giusti and for your compliments to our spa .

Smoking is not allowed inside Grotta Giusti

Thank you again and we very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back some time soon.

Best regards,