All reviewshotel gueststhermal poolsspa treatmentsdining roomrestaurant staffpool barmy birthdaymain poolwear a swimming caplounge chairsunique experienceshower caplarge poolwater jetsour waiterroom for improvementflight home
Reviewed October 25, 2016

We visited the thermal bath pool one afternoon on a rainy day. It's a bit expensive but fun to try new things. The pool and locker rooms are spacious and clean, and the massaging bubbles were therapeutic for our sore feet and backs. When you come out of the pool, you feel like you weigh 400 pounds. It's very relaxing. They also offer a cave experience where you get steam but we didn't opt for that. There is a restaurant so you cana really plan to spend the whole day there.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time in posting your review about your stay with us.

Please accept my gratitude for your great comment about Grotta Giusti. At our hotel, we always think of something truly amazing and unique we can offer to our guests.

A huge thanks to you once again and i am looking forward for your another amazing stay with us on your next visit to Tuscany.

Reviewed September 29, 2016

My fiance and I spent a romantic few days here last week. I would 110% recommend Grotta Giusti to absolutely anyone I meet.

I can wholeheartedly say that it was a magical few days - gorgeous setting, devoted and passionate staff, incredible spa and an inspiring historic building with charm in spades. We had a park view from one of the front-face views which was utterly spectacular - the sweeping vistas of Monsummano Terme rolling into the beautiful Apennine mountains and those cypresses, straight out of a Da Vinci painting.

We were waited on hand and foot. La Veranda restaurant serves fabulous, inventive typically Tuscan cuisine and more than accommodated for my Vegetarianism!

We enjoyed an ad-hoc wine tasting with Francesco, the head barman, who gave us an amazing insight into the world of local wines from the region and what combinations work best. All our thanks go to him and the staff for giving us the restful, romantic trip we were hoping. And as well as giving us his full undivided attention for an entire evening, regaling us with his knowledge and wisdom, he also plied us with wonderful local wine - all at only £18 ahead - never be afraid to ask!

The addition of a more secluded 'hotel guests only' pool was a pleasant surprise, but we weren't surprised to see so many locals enjoying the facilities too - the place isn't just majestic to foreigners like us! Grotta Giusti feels like a beacon of a community and a hub for anyone seeking relaxation and bliss.

I personally wouldn't want to see the place modernised - I feel this would take away a lot of its rustic charm and authenticity.

Thermal caves were an incredible addition - an ethereal place to relax and enjoy complete mindfulness.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Grotta Giusti for igniting a love for Tuscany in me. We will be returning... hopefully to live!

Room Tip: Park-view/ front facing rooms have stunning views of the mountains and hills.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janey H
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

After spending 3 days in Venice and 3 days in Rome this was the perfect end to our Italian adventure to celebrate my 50th birthday. It certainly was the icing on the cake and we felt immediately relaxed from the moment we entered the amazing building. The room was inviting and interesting with a lovely marble tiled bathroom and thermal water supply to the bath.
The grotto experience was sensational and initially worried I would be afraid in the hot dark dampness, how wrong I was. I immediately relaxed and totally unwound as my stresses poured out of me with the perspiration. It certainly was the ideal way to spend time during the most amazing storm and rain. We were unable to use the thermal pools due to the extreme weather so took advantage of siesta time in true Italian style in our comfortable room.
Later the sun appeared and the pools opened so we partook of the healing waters. The therapeutic healing properties working their magic on my arthritic knee. It has never felt so good. Long may it last. If it doesn't it's a good reason to have to return.
The staff were all friendly and helpful without been intrusive. The waiter at dinner was very professional and passionate about his job and carved our rack of lamb with expertise and style. He also served the wine well and constantly topped up my glass (His name began with G and he chatted to us about his passion for skiing/my husband loves it too). The food was mouthwatering and delicious in the restaurant. The breakfast choice out of this world. The smaller poolside cafe also served delicious coffee and cake.
The live music by the friendly pianist was so much fun and he even played happy birthday to me and other guests joined in. It was the perfect end to a relaxing day. The cocktails were to die for and the bartenders mixed them with a skill that would put Tom Cruise to shame. The antipasto plate served with the cocktails added a special wow factor.
My husband wanted to make my birthday special and memorable. Well visiting here certainly sealed the deal and for me was the icing on the cake and was a birthday I will never forget!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this spa hotel for 5 nights. Has a therma grotta for which it is famous. Felt a little claustrophobic initially when entering the cave but was ok once I calmed my nerves. The temperature was not high enough to get me sweaty however my mate broke out into a sweat!

Only down side to this hotel is that there is no sauna or steam room. They said it's as they have their natural cave but-it's not hot enough!

They have thermal baths - an exclusive swimming area for hotel guests which is nice. It's not like some hotels where you get charged for towels and every little thing you request. We needed an adapter for my plug and they bought a few up at no cost. We got bit alot and they sent up a mosquito plug in too.

They don't have an iron in the room. Wish we knew as we ended up paying 40 euro to iron some clothes. That was a waste. Expect all hotels to have an iron.

Hotel is very secure. Gated off so you have entry via an intercom.

I couldn't fault the hotel. The staff were all so friendly except one. Laura who told my mate to come back in ten minutes for directions as she needed to send an urgent email. That got his back up. Then at check out she gave the wrong paperwork for a different guest. He really wasn't impressed.

Other than that, the hotel was nice. The staff (bar one) were very pleasant, friendly and spoke good English.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Dear Guest,

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2016

I and my carer had a twin bedded mountain view suite with two bathrooms,one a wetroom.The spa pool waswonderfully warm and relaxing,with in pool jacussis. i wasv able to swim which has not been possib le for 7 years - I was delighted! I would return again if it was a little less expensive.With a little more entertainment it would qualify as a 5* RESORT HOTEL. I AM Writing to the manager to offer non -proffession
advice on improvement to be made for disabled guests.I feel I am a pioneer for the disabled as i want to improve life,travel and all for other disabled persons.

Room Tip: Our room was number307 the veiw wasok.variety of guests inc.children-well behaved
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank maggiestirling2016
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

Dear Mrs Maggie,

I’m glad you had a great stay at Grotta Giusti and I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and our hotel and the thermal pools.
Thank you for your kind suggestions.

We hope to welcome you back soon in Tuscany.

Warmest Regards,