“all right but not special” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA

FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Stafford, United Kingdom
“all right but not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

enjoyed a good week despite the pre booked taxi not turning up but my least favourite of the 5 Iv'e been to in Pollensa.Certainly OK in most respects but it@s sheer size wasn't for me.Staff 'food'cleanliness brill but the awful KAREOKE bar opposite kept us awake.The Romantic not far away more our style and a lot quieter.

Room Tip: always ask for the wing on the Alcudia side to avoid the noise from the nearbt kareoke bar
4 Thank geoffreybanwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

As others have stated the main courses at dinner are to be avoided, the starters sweets are fine as is the breakfast.
One other problem this year was lack of bar staff, expecting the older guests to carry their drinks from the bar was unacceptable.
Wifi should be free, the management should be aware that this important to many guests who will book elswhere like the Dainer Hotel to obtain free wifi.

Room Tip: do not take the cheapest rooms
3 Thank woodman709
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I wasn't supposed to go to the Pollensa Park this October, but due to a 'cock-up' by the travel agents, I ended up here. It worried me because I have been going to Puerto Pollense since I was 12 and had always seen this as a big Benidorm style place with millions of kids and noise and tackiness. I was so wrong. Granted, I went on the 17th October when it was running down everything but it was lovely. The only bad thing I can say is that I and another couple arrived at 12:30 and didn't get into my room until 16:30 because there was just two cleaners and they were busy. Other than that, the staff were fab, the breakfast on a morning was lovely and my room was brilliant. I had a front sea view on the 4th floor. Every morning, if I got up early enough, I could watch the glorious sun rise over the sea. Amazing. The grounds are lovely and even at that time of year, immaculate. The pool was so cold though but the pool bar was brilliant and the guy who ran that was the most friendly of all the staff. Also the beach is only a short walk down the road. I was only there for bed and breakfast so I can't comment on the evening meals. The nights that I got back to the hotel early enough, I watched the entertainment too which was really good. I never thought I would say this but I really can't wait to go to the Pollensa Park again. I would defo recommend to either families, couples or like me, singles.

Room Tip: Ask for room 418 or any room with a front facing sea view on the 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
17 Thank paolom10
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed in October towards the end of the season and got a very good deal. The staff, cleanliness, room, pool and breakfast were all good and the resort is amazing although my personal preference is for the other end of Puerto Pollensa near the smaller beach, Pine Walk and church square. I would stay again but would skip dinner which offered poor main courses . The starters and desserts were fine and the wine competively priced for a hotel. Staff were busy all the time and yet took time to be pleasant to guests.Breakfast was good although I didn't sample the cooked items and enjoyed fruit, breads and cereal etc.Pool bar had a few tasty items at lunch time and was not a rip off. Met many clients who return each year including cyclists.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank emir08
Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

Stayed 20/27 Oct, and enjoyed our stay for the first time in Majorca. Area was lovely, and although a slight distance from the port itself; even my disabled hubby could walk it as it was all on the flat. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, and although we hadn't paid for a sea view we got one (or at least part of one). Air conditioning didn't appear to work, or was switched off, but that wasn't really a problem at that time of year, and the water was always hot and plentiful. The breakfast gave a good selection, even if sometimes the food could have been hotter. The breads (especially the olive bread) were excellent and always fresh and plentiful. I can't comment on the quality of the evening meal as we only went B&B. Entertainment was pretty dire - bingo every night and a couple of piano/singing acts I believe - we didn't stick around to find out! However, where they really let themselves down was the service. My bedside cabinet drawer was stuck shut and unusable, and my husband asked for a spare pillow for his bad leg. Both items were duly noted by reception, who promised it would be seen to - we were still waiting when we left a week later! And whoever heard of a 2 hour wait for a cocktail to be made? That was what I was quoted on the Sunday night in the bar! They seemed to be far more interested in seeing to the Spanish clientele than the rest of us. I was told they come for a long weekend for the princely sum of 40 Euros and receive full board with all the trimmings, whereas we paid a fortune to be semi-ignored! The staff were polite enough, and some were helpful , but on the whole I think that because it was the end of the season they felt that they had done enough; and couldn't be bothered to sort out minor problems in rooms that would not be occupied until next year. We may go back to Majorca - but probably not the Pollensa Park!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Tibbiegirl
scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

stayed at the pollensa park 18/25 oct. having booked our holiday for the hotel romantic was told the romantic was closing its doors early and was offered the p.p.instead. on arrival was met a very dour man at the reception and told if we hurried up we might catch supper before it closed this was almost an hour before closing time.when we got to the restaurant was met by an even grumpier waitress who told us just to go where we liked [a fine start to our holiday 2 grumpies in t
he first 10 mins.]it was not worth the effort, the food was terrible cold duck? cold veg,cold chips no drinks even water unless you paid for it. this was the theme for the whole week. breakfast was slightly better but not much.as for the room it was ok room 703 nice view of the bay nice and quiet even though the cleaners did not sweep the floor once in the week we were there.heard from other guests the hotel was up for new ownership which may explain the poor food and service from the staff. this could be a great hotel to stay in if the new management take note of customers reveiws and carry out improvements to the food issues and maybe learn the staff to smile a bit more and not just when the spanish hoards turn up for there weekends.i would love to go to this hotel but not under the current owners/management.i will be keeping a close eye on customer reviews next year to see if there have been any changes.

Room Tip: get a top floor room for maximum peace and quiet
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank t0bydog
co wicklow ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

stayed there15th/22nd oct 2011 cant fault it everything went well booked with Alpha Rooms
[ which are getting a lot of stick here] rooms good and clean plenty of good entertainment
lovely area very handy to shops great area for cycling very good food good spa rates cheap lovely walking areas friendly staff nice outdoor pool recommend it highly would certainly go back again
cant think of anything else kevin co wicklow ireland

Room Tip: choose a room above 3rd floor as there has been extensions built ie. lounges etc which block vi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends