“Probably the worst food experience”
Review of Restaurant Argos

Restaurant Argos
Price range: US$64 - US$105
Description: Mediterranean Cuisine. High cuisine. Free. A gastronomic journey for everyone, by Alvaro Salazar and his team.
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Probably one of my worst food experiences ever! Yes the place is nice and the service was great but how the hell did they come up with that menu? It was trying to be cool and fancy but it was not..of course I've expected tiny courses with complex palette of ingredients in the tasting menu but I was really not ready for sweet sardine ice cream..I would expect that sort of a flavour in Harry Potter's magic bean..but maybe I'm just a man who is too simple in his taste to comprehend this sort of flavours.

4  Thank Filip U

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Excellent meal served by knowledgeable and attentive staff, you can understand the star rating, it is well deserved

1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed June 18, 2018

My wife decided to try Argos for our 25th Anniversary and from being greeted the exceptional experience started.We began with gin and tonic from the extensive list which whilst excellent was no match for what was to come 13 mind blowing courses.The staff explained each course and helped with a wonderful wine choice.The view of sea was a great back drop to a very special experience.Chef Alvaro deserves all the accolades he receives and we cannot wait to revisit.

2  Thank David J
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

The good was incredible, my father and I opted for the 8 course menu and were very full after it. The food was incredible and the service was great, all the staff were very knowledgable about the food and the regions which it came from, especially the metro de which was very knowledgable about whisky which excited my father lol

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

A fantastic gastronomic tour de force from an up and coming chef. Exceptional and amazing. The tasting menu with 13 courses took us several hours and left the bank balance well dented. Mario the host knows his onions. Be guided by his local knowledge with regards to the wines. Service is perfect.
The food itself should delight all foodies. Each course is small but the preparation and execution are among the best we have had. This chef is destined for greatness!

1  Thank Nearlyretired2018