All reviews private hot tub decking area short drive home from home great location log burner on arrival lorraine carp gas fishing sauna escape pubs dogs site
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I arrived here for a Mon- Friday stay, with my parents and my 6 year old son.

on arrival there was a small (slightly stressful for this pregnant mum) issue, which I believe was Hoseasons fault and was dealt with straight away by Claire and Lorraine, who I can't fault. :-)

Lorraine, who greeted us on arrival was lovely and helpful.
She went through everything with us, with regards to the hot-tub.
I had read a review on another site that said you couldn't use the Hot-tub after 9.30, which did put us off, but this is not true, as long as you are of course respectful to your neighbors whilst outside.

The site is relaxing and the Lodges are a great size and have everything you need (dishwasher, washing machine and large fridge/freezer included) the washing machine was a great help, as we needed to dry our towels often.

There is no WiFi on site and the service on site was non existent, which wasn't a problem for me, however my dad runs his own business so I think he missed being able to pick up emails.

The town of Cullompton is less than a 5 minute drive away and appeared to have everything you would need, the site is also close to the M5 (can hear the slight sound of traffic) but the site is still very tranquil and relaxing.

I would definitely recommend coming here and maybe next year I will return with my partner, son and our new addition.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Monday to Friday break, our first visit to Upton Lakes Lodges. Friendly greeting from all of the staff being as helpful as they could with our fishing questions. The lodge was a home from home, we'll maintained, very clean and tidy, a very spacious kitchen/lounge area with large double folding doors opening onto a very large patio area. Great well maintained jacuzzi and a clean quality gas b.b.q. We arrived an hour early but staff still happy to show us round are accommodation. So a large glass of wine later saw us lads looking round for the best fishing spots ( right outside of our lodge). The facts for those interested in fishing each two to three hour session gave about 40 lb of Carp, Tench, Crucian, Roach & Rudd ( Carp upto 10 lb ) . Twenty minute walk to the main town with about five pubs, we found the staff friendly and food good at the ' Weary Traveler ' and a nice back yard garden at the ' Pony and Trap ' also friendly with well priced drinks. Four days of good weather with the last two being very hot, National Trust house about six miles away was a good day out but if you just want to relax in the peaceful surroundings at the lodge it is a first class break. We Will Be Back!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank steve j
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend away in Upton lake lodges. To say it was perfect it's an understatement. From the moment we met Claire in the wedding venue to checkin into the lodge, everything was a breeze.

The lodges are well equipped with everything you need. The best home from
Home feel, With an amazing hottub and Sauna and log burner.

Amazing surroundings and lovely people everywhere.

Thank you for everything you did before our stay.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We had the most amazing stay at Upton Lakes, it was peaceful, yet, you were literally five minutes from the town and M5. We had time to spend together as a family, with the dogs and a hot tub, fantastic!!

Room tip: All the lodges are beautiful
Date of stay: March 2017