“Fantastic local food”
Review of Half Moon Inn

Half Moon Inn
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Cullompton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is situated in the Blackdown Hills on the Devon/Somerset border. The pub has spectacular views as it looks across the Culm Valley. We offer outstanding food from the restaurant from our ever-changing special board and our menu. We also have a selection of local beers.
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Great local food for a fair price and the drinks are good value also, nice beer and wine.
Warm pub with good views and lovely people.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We are staying in a holiday cottage very near by and previous visitors recommended the pub. As it was Sunday we decided that pub roast was a good idea. We were greeted as we entered and the staff seemed genuinely interested in talking with us. The service was fantastic and it had some nice ales. I had pork and others from my family had the beef. I can honestly say it was possibly the best roast dinner I have ever had! It was lovely!!! Followed by cheese and a local desert wine which accompanied the cheese. All in all a fantastic little pub with very friendly staff, fantastic service and wonderful food!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We visited this area for a walk and saw the beer garden and thought we would stop for a drink. The beer garden has a stunning view across the countryside and was lovely and peaceful. My husband went in for the drinks and commented how great the menu looked on the blackboards. Couldn't resist, so popped in for a bite to eat. The food was so fresh and tasty with its interesting and varied menu. If only the staff had the same flair and enthusiasm as the chef obviously has. I asked if our dog could come in the bar area and was given a half hearted mumble without any clear guidance, just a point at a table that would be ok to sit at. Could seriously do with some customer care training, but would visit again as the food was great.

1  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Very well run kitchen. Locally made beautiful food... We had the Moroccan tagine and the mussels cooked fresh to order... No problems with changing the mussel sauce to marienere instead of with bacon. One of the best bowls of mussels we ve ever had.... Would definitely return and recommend. Booking seemed advisable at the weekend... They re busy!!

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My partner and i visited here on Friday evening. We were staying at a near by campsite and this place was recommended to us. A beautiful extended family home / cottage to form a bar and restaurant. Service could have been better but the woman in charge on the night was clearly training two young boys which another table didn't seem to understand. The food was amazing. Absolutely flawless. An extensive specials menu that i had to take a picture of on my phone in order to remember it all! We both had mussels to start, then I had the chrizo and bree chicken and my partner and a rare Sirloin. If we ever find ourselves in this area again we shall most definitely return. Thank you.