“Wonderful welcome and delicious food!”
Review of Half Moon Inn

Half Moon Inn
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Cullompton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is situated in the Blackdown Hills on the Devon/Somerset border. The pub has spectacular views as it looks across the Culm Valley. We offer outstanding food from the restaurant from our ever-changing special board and our menu. We also have a selection of local beers.
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We enjoyed a lovely dinner over the bank holiday weekend, plenty to chose from the main menu and specials.

We had very friendly service and sat outside in the sunshine enjoying the beautiful view of the valley below. We'll definitely come back next time we're in the area.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

Had lunch here after a long walk with friends. The pub was very welcoming and make our dog, Molly, welcome too. The food was excellent, with good sized portions. There was a good selection at reasonable prices. Our friend found the fish platter to be particularly good. The views were stunning, helped by the lovely weather. A thoroughly enjoyable lunch at this friendly pub and we shall be returning.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

An unfortunate kitchen fire clouded the restaurant for some time before our food arrived that was voted by all of us to be good.Our enquiries before and during the meal were however dealt with in an abrupt manner. A second similar glass of wine was requested only to be told that our waitress did not serve the first one. Well yes but presumably the man behind the bar had the knowledge. I pointed out that I seemed not to have a knife. Well I gave you one came the retort. It had been left on the unoccupied table behind us.
My TripAdvisor reviews list extensive visits to eateries around Europe and I am left feeling that here maybe the proprietors are in the wrong business.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Visited here a couple of years ago and was not too impressed. Perhaps slightly better this time but I fear I will not be back. Only a few people in for lunch and I would have expected more of a welcome or some cheerful attention. A man and a woman were running the dining room and for some time I wondered if the man was a mute - hardly a word spoken and rather sullen. Limited menu on offer and a specials board. The wine by the bottle prices were reasonable but a pity that a bottle of red arrived in a cold state and we had to put it by the fire to warm it up. The food was enjoyed by all and I thought the fish and chips were particularly tasty. Enjoying each others company, we lingered on a bit and we appreciated not being hassled to leave. The Half Moon is situated in a lovely area with the Wellington Monument, Taunton and the Blackdown Hills nearby. I have read an article recently which stated that more people are dissatisfied with eating out due to poor service and high prices etc. Dining out should be something special, dare I state memorable, due to the ambiance, staff and quality of the food. The Half Moon left me feeling I had paid for a very average experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Very quiet when we visited - which is just what we like.
Lovely food at good prices. And friendly staff for whom nothing was too much trouble.
They were very welcoming and the dog even got some treats!!