All reviews nespresso machine venison glenfinnan station home made ice cream warm welcome small hotel box of chocolates four poster mussels local ingredients dining room free pool table harry potter highly recommend this hotel welcoming hotel both dinner and breakfast well stocked bar
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Unfortunately, this was a disappointment due primarily to the shower; there was extremely weak pressure. In fact to have any pressure at all in the shower you had to turn off the hot water and have a cold shower and it was still bad pressure! When it is 13 degrees outside that is not fun. Moreover, I do think that the days of fitted carpet in the bathrooms should be over. I stayed in a much cheaper B & B in Pitlochry during this same stay with much better shower and a lovely tiled bathroom floor. However, in fairness the service was good and friendly and the food at dinner was very good.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2018

My husband and I stumbled upon this lovely restaurant while out exploring The Glenfinnan Monument and The Glenfinnan Viaduct. We were greeted by two lovely ladies, Ina and Jan. It turns out, Ina is the owner. Both of these ladies made us feel welcomed and honestly, if we are ever back in this area, we will stay at their hotel as well, simply because of their hospitality. However, this review is all about the culinary skills of the chef. Both of us decided to order two starters each for our meal. We were not disappointed. I had the leak and potato soup with fresh baked bread and then the smoked salmon with créme fraíche served with oat crackers. My husband had mixed game terrine and the goat cheese salad. He then opted for the dark chocolate brownie. Everything is made with local ingredients and is simply delicious. Honestly, if you are looking for high quality cuisine at a reasonable rate, this is the restaurant for you.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018

An really friendly welcome awaited us. Lovely room with espresso machine. Spotlessly clean. Breakfast and evening meal in the bistro were good portions and cooked to perfection. Ina and staff couldn’t do enough for us
Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Nice and clean rooms, friendly staff, located in a beautiful area with many attractions and activities, very kind and helpful staff, excellent food and service in the restaurant and very good breakfast. A place where I would like to go again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I chose this hotel at random as a birthday treat for my elderly mum and was not disappointed - a fantastic, friendly welcome, clean and fresh rooms, quirky hotel, tastefully decorated. The food is out of this world! Local as well as other Scottish ingredients. I hope they don't lose the chef. The service was also excellent - even a birthday whisky for me, and my new favourite (Ardbeg). I would definitely not hesitate to book again. It's an easy walk to the Monument and Viaduct (but uphill all the way back). Also well placed for visits to Arisaig, Mallaig and Skye etc.

Room Tip: The single room I was in had an over the bath shower head, which isn't ideal but not a real issue for a couple of days.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family