Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews one night stay regency fridge cheltenham races heating
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2020

What can I say? Great room, great location. Restaurant and hotel manager? Borderline imbeciles. Only me and my wife in the "restaurant". I have restaurant in commas as if this is a restaurant, I am Ben Hur. Just me and my wife in there, at 6.15pm, ordered a burger and fish and chips. Not hard, nice easy order for the "chef", again, commas used on the word chef. 45 minutes later, NO food. I ask the bar person/restaurant server to get the manager....and out he comes. I have older shoes than this man. He stands there and tells me, everything we cook is made from scratch, so 45 minutes for a burger is about the normal time. So, I had ordered fish, was the chef down thelocal river catching y dinner, hence the obscene time for NO FOOD to have been served. Lovely big room, cheap bar and they wonder why the restaurant is empty? ASK THE HOTEL MANAGER, who seems to work under the assumption that it takes 45 minutes to make and cook a burger from scratch!! In 30 years of working on the hotel and catering industry, the manager's excuse is actually the worse I've ever heard. The guy was doing his job, admittedly, but doing it so badly, it was laughable. I actually went home a day early, no point in staying for breakfast, as I'm fairly sure it would be pretty dire, if the dinner service, or lack of it, was about as useful as a dead sheep. Appalling, absolutely appalling and the manager's attitude...he is not God, his chef is not God and too right people will complain. The REAL question that needs to be asked is,WHY is the restaurant empty when they have multiple guests staying? I rest my case.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed February 10, 2020

Best Sunday lunch in Cheltenham, top quality beef, roast sirlion on a £15.95 3 course lunch menu. Wow.
Great starters and sweets.All homemade.
Service was first class, will go back every week.
Kids loved it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2020

Hotel took payment twice but 2 weeks later still waiting for refund. They appear happy to admit mistakes but reluctant to put them right. Have made multiple phone calls daily. .Beginning to feel I’m being fobbed off.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We recently hired the Hayden lounge for a funeral reception and can’t thank the team at the Clarion (Cheltenham Regency) enough! The buffet was lovely, guests enjoyed the chips especially, the music we asked for was perfect and the staff couldn’t do enough for us. Thank you again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2019

Excellent hotel, very comfortable large room, absolutely spotless.

We had evening meal, battered cod, chips and peas. The batter was almost like a tempura, light and crisp. Breakfast was made to order and was very good

We found all the staff personable, polite and helpful.

Date of stay: December 2019