“Lunch”

Ranked #10 of 114 Restaurants in Panglao Island
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch at the restaurant. I had simple vegetables and rice but it was very tasty. Highlight is the coconut milk ice cream - wow.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I visited both the Bohol Bee Farm and their store/cafe on Alona Beach. Both were exceptionally clean, well-organized and packed full of locally sourced products. The employees were extremely helpful and the efficient. They give regular tours of the Garden’s if you have time.

I will review two things that I thought were exceptionally great - honey banana chips and their special Halo Halo. First the banana chips. Banana chips are a dime a dozen, even in America. However, their chips, glazed with their honey raise the bar of banana chips three levels. They were so hideously sweet I couldn’t stop eating them till the whole bag was gone. Hard to describe, but take my word for it, these aren’t your standard tasting banana chips.

Second, I stopped by their outlet on Alona Beach after a day of snorkeling and swimming. I had been craving a Halo Halo since I arrived on Panglao Island a few days beforehand. I had heard Buzz Cafe had It so I headed on over. The cafe is situated on the second floor above their retail outlet. I ordered the Halo Halo with Coconut and Ube ice creams on top.

This again wasn’t your usual Halo Halo with ingredients from a jar. It was filled with mostly fresh fruit and long pieces of freshly scraped buko. However, it was their ice creams that made it special. The Coconut ice cream was exceptional. I enjoyed eating (slurping) it while watching the goings on at Alona Beach below me.

Perfect ending to a long hot day on and in the water.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at their restaurant which is a bit pricey. I guess one has to pay for the proverbial ambiance since you can dine with a fabulous view of the sea. The food is good, though. I ordered grilled jumbo shrimps from their menu for the day which is written on a chalk board and not on the regular menu.

I also visited their souvenir shop which offers both food and non-food items. I love that they have samples of food items for free tasting. Try the cabcab (fried (?) cassava sheets) with honey. They also sell breads and pastries from their own bakeshop.

There's also an ice cream stall that sell unique local flavors like moringa, guyabano, durian, etc. for Php 60 per scoop. You can enjoy it while sitting on benches in the tree-shaded garden with repurposed items.

They also have a coffee shop with live lounge music. Sadly, I was too full to try it during my visit.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I expected a bit more from real (real?) eco farm in this island. So many people and everyone is busy but what they doing?.. Just not tasty filipino food. You have a great potential but you not use it even at 20%. It's so sad. And service was even worse then food.

Alex.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The restaurant here overlooks the sea and is built from rustic materials with lots of character. The food is great! We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch, with a very good selection of interesting dishes and unusual juices (try the lemongrass and ginger drink!) at reasonable prices and with excellent and very friendly service.