“Alona Beach”

US$38.00*
and up
Bohol Panglao Island Tour
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not the biggest or longest beach in the world but the sand is fine on your feet and the water is nice and clear. Located by the town center of Alona, this beach attracts thousands of tourists per year, increasing drastically in the following months as the International Airport is finishing.

Date of experience: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,361)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"chill"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was really pleasently surprised at how well cared for Alona Beach was the sand was really clean and the water was also nice the local authorites make sure that any dogs there are checked and wear a collar to show they are safe. I spent a week here and did feel unsafe at any time day or night there are many excursions that you can book from the beach vendors or boat owners I am sure you will have a great time here.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018

Alona beach is a really nice place to visit with a lot of personality. It is a nice stretch of white sand nestled between two rocky outcroppings. It is pretty; maybe not as dramatic as El Nido but nice nevertheless. It is a place with a lot going on. You can get a variety of fresh seafood, listen to music, and just chill watching the waves come in. The downside is that there is a lot of development and I found that the hotels were over-priced by asian standards. If you want a nice social environment then this is the place. If you are looking for a more secluded get away then this is definitely not the place.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

I took my parents to Panglao in August 2018. We stayed 15 minutes walk from the Alona beach.

On the day of arrival we went to the restaurant that was 7pm. Not that far from the hotel we stayed, around 10 minutes walk or 3 minutes drive.
We finished our dinner at 9:30 and on our way back we decided to take a tricycle since it was dark and my parents are both old. They are tired of walking.

The tricycle designs in Panglao have 2 passengers seat in the front. One at the back of the driver. My father sat at the back of the driver which I couldn't see.

When we arrived at the hotel my father was not with us. I don't know why the driver did not notice that. He should check his passenger first before moving on. When I asked him he said he will find him back to the place where we picked us up and I want to go back with him but he drove away. I cannot see his plate number as it was dark.

I lost my Dad for half an hour and I was so worried.

I have asked helped with the motorbike passing on the road and eventually my father was found in the other area. He was also worried with us since the driver drove away without him and he took a ride with other motorbike and got lost.

Eventually we found him.

I would like to thank you for the other drivers who helped us finding my father in the dark night.

Date of experience: August 2018