“Unbelievable experience ”

Alona Divers
Ranked #3 of 36 Tours in Panglao Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: AlonaDivers since 1996 is a Padi Dive Center dedicated in providing under water and diving experience. Located in the very heart of Alona beach, Panglao island is only a few dive shops that is fully owned, operated and managed by Filipinos with the heart of quality service and dedicated to safety and security. Alona divers is securely loaded and ferried by any or all 3 speed boat. 1 with fiber glass and capacity of 16 pax a cut boat and an 8 seater speedboat. These are met by our comfy diveboat (the newest and one of the biggest) which towers the shores of Alona beach. With 2 cabins and a roof deck for guests to enjoy the scenic view of the beach. Which includes dolphins watching, whale sharks, turtles on a good day if you are on your way to Balicasag Island and pamilacan island. Yes this dive boat can carry 30 divers at the same time and 80 tanks. Alona divers has 40 regulators and 45 bcd to ensure there are enough reserves and to completely address all safety and security concerns.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Dive guide King is the best dive guide I’ve come across in my years of diving.
Very professional.
He can spot the smallest of creatures.
It’s like he went down a hour before and planted them there.
Every time you turn around there is more to see.
Balacasag island is a gem.

Date of experience: February 2018
Joey J, Owner at Alona Divers, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you for diving with us, Chris!
Balicasag is truly a gem underwater! We hope you can swing by us again on your next visit.

And the Rest of Alona Divers Team

in 24 reviews
"sea turtles"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I've just been reading through the 7 reviews which were poor and would gently remind readers that these are old reviews. I have been in touch with the shop in the preceding months to coming here and Joey has been excellent in communicating.

We are day 3 into 8 days of diving and while we always take our own gear where ever we dive.. I have not seen any faulty or worn kit used by others on the 10 dives we have done so far

The briefings have been brief....hence the name but they have contained all the necessary information we needed to have a safe dive including current and underwater topology.

Our guide has been quick to point out interesting items and while in answer to a previous comment of "not checking air" we are competent divers and do not need "hand holding" The brief clearly states to let your guide know as you run down which we do, I'm sure if you are new or not confident to manage your own gas and dive duration then they would step in and offer a greater level or supervision.

All in all.. an excellent dive outfit. The only surprise that caught us was you currently have to pay cash. If we hadn't spotted that sooner it would have been a very awkward end to the week. But.. We sorted it with Joey and he told us how and where to safely get cash out of an ATM.

I have no problems giving Alona Divers 10 out of 10 although I'm sure expectations and opinions vary so in the end you make up your own mind. One last thing I will say... the Philippino people are amazing... and will do what they can to help...unlike Europeans. Treat them with respect... don't argue or belittle them in front of anyone and nearly every problem can be resolved.

Hi Sir Andy,
Thank you so much for taking time to write this detailed experience/review. We are grateful.
We are very happy to know of your nice experience with us here in Bohol and for appreciating our efforts in what we do.
We are currently working on our credit card facility for easier transactions in the future.
All the best to you and your team!

And Alona Divers Team

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Nice dive site, nice day and great experience wz surprising whale shark!
Thank you Joey! 服務不錯,推薦給大家!

Joey J, Owner at Alona Divers, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

You are most welcome, Joanne!
It is always a pleasure to serve our clients and give all if you a wonderful experience.
Take care and hope to see you again!

And the rest of Alona Divers Team

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I took my PADI open water course here and I have to say Alona Divers is a perfect place to begin your diving journey. I was a water-funk, but the teaching staff (instructor Don Don) was very patient and was willing to demonstrate everything so many times to make sure I fully understood. Besides, in my first open water dive, I freaked out, but Don Don gave me time to relax a bit and brought me to the shallow area and started again. After getting my PADI license I went to balicasag for diving. The dive masters and staff were also kind and passionate.
I had a very comfortable and beautiful diving expenriece at alona divers. I will definitely come back again.

Hi Wendy,
Thank you for choosing to have your PADI cert course with us. We are happy to know of your beautiful experience.
May you have wonderful and happy underwater experiences in the future.
Cheers!