All reviews full kitchen front desk short pump basketball court recommend this hotel broad street fire pit great place to stay waffle maker make your own waffles little things nice breakfast check in was easy sitting area breakfast area short drive hotel room
Reviewed September 16, 2015

Elite Marriott member so i stay at their properties all of the time because of their usual consistency. The dishwasher was running when I came in the room so I figured the staff had just completed their cleaning. But the residual cooking smell was bad. Went to dinner with colleagues thinking the smell would be gone. It wasn't. Seems like it had permeated the carpets since this heavy putrid smell just stayed in the room. Cleaning staff should have detected and cleaned thoroughly.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank abrownva
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2015

Just wanted to apologize for the dishwasher not being completely run through its cycles leaving a distastful odor in the room. I have followed up with the appropriate department to ensure that this is rectified moving forward so that this does not happen to another guest.

Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

New hotel, clean, large rooms. Area around hotel revitalized from old factories, cobble stone streets, interesting architecture. Stayed over one night on way to Orlando. Plenty of good restaurants in area. Canal walk is close to hotel. Free breakfast. Small breakfast area. Would return again.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alex S
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2015

Thank you very much for the review. Although, I belive you stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown according to the the area you described.

Have a great day and I will let the other hotel know about your stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2015

My family and I stayed here during a July weekend while we visited King's Dominion. Hotels closer to the park were booked and we chose this location by default but thought we would also take advantage of the time to visit Short Pump and other shopping spots nearby.

The rooms were a little smaller than similar rooms I have stayed in at other Residence Inn locations but still nice and clean. (Although someone had run the dishwasher and forgot to unload it before our arrival.)

Breakfast was the standard, but the hostess each day worked very hard to keep it stocked and fresh.

We had a minor problem after check-in. The room my sisters and daughter were originally given had a big industrial fan blowing to dry the carpet following an apparent leak in the ceiling. It had been mostly repaired but there was plaster still around the floor and dusting the furniture where things had not been completely cleaned up. When they first called the front desk about this, they were told maintenance had not alerted them that room was not ready but they would get someone to come check it out right away. Finally, they had to return to the front desk when no one came and they were assigned to a new room and given a small concession in the price of the room for one night. This was a minor inconvenience since fortunately they did not start to unpack in anticipation of having to move anyway. They arrived before my husband, son and I did and since I had reserved the rooms for everyone and am a rewards member, I may not have been as patient.

Overall, I am a Marriott loyalist and seek the brand when traveling. I would stay here again because of the location and the cleanliness of the hotel.

They only have an outdoor pool so it is only open seasonally. Something to consider when traveling with kids who always look for the pool first.

Given that the hotel was completely booked during our weekend here, I am overall impressed with the level of service given my family by an attentive and caring staff.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank VATravelingmommy
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoed your stay even though we had some issues in the begining. I have discussed them with the team to avoid this in the future. We do share an indoor pool with the Marriott Courtyard next door in case of inclememt weather. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

I booked a 2 bedroom suite earlier this year at this location (Short Pump area). The staff was pretty nice which is always a plus. The rooms were decent (2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms) were the highlight. The kitchenette was ok but I'd prefer a gas stove verses electrical but it did the job. I wanted a kitchenette so I could prepare meals for my son and I on days we didn't want to eat out.

Besides spending time with my son, the highlight of this hotel is location (if most of your business will be in Short Pump area or near downtown Richmond). This location also offers a pass to visit GOLD's Gym free of charge which is a great because I must go to the gym (my therapy) and Gold's gym have a wider selection of equipment.

The other plus to this location is the proximity to shopping areas including wholefoods; Red Door spa (nice experience); out door mall and restaurants.

The downfall to the place is the pricing for coin laundry (GASP). I guess it would be considered pricey if you're use to washing at home. Ha. I didn't partake in the breakfast nor the evening cocktail service as I either prepared our breakfast or we ate out on the town.

Overall, this hotel was a nice experience and it's always great to have space while traveling as well as multiple bathrooms. I'd much rather have a suite to feel more at home than a basic room feeling crammed...

Enjoy.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Richmond.

Reviewed June 19, 2015

This was an average Residence Inn; not superior; a little older and the rooms seemed smaller in the suites than normal Residence Inn. Absent the morning breakfast, I might have only given it 3 stars.
But the breakfast was outstanding! Hot fresh eggs, sausage, gravy, and potatoes. Yes they also had a fine selection of fresh cut fruit, bagels and muffins; cereal, etc; but the hot fresh breakfast was wonderful.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cordial1
RICIN_12, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed the breakfast and all of the selections. The breakfast is definitly something we can control and I am glad it made up for the room size. We do offer other room types that may be more suitable to your needs. Hope to see you again in the future.