All reviews full kitchen front desk basketball court gold's gym long stay short pump recommend this hotel housekeeping staff broad street fire pit waffle maker make your own waffles great place to stay check in was easy sitting area breakfast area short drive
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This is really a home or flat, more than a hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The kitchen was nice for this trip so I could get food before doing an event.
It is also close to several great places to eat (see my review of Padow's).
I wish they had rooms with two queen beds, but the pull out couch was OK for this trip.
Breakfast for my stay was good. I liked the option of having croissant and cheese versus just eggs and sausage. Granted the croissant was probably from Costco, but still a nice option for bread. The chocolate croissant is not so pleasant.
The spaciousness of the rooms with almost a full kitchen (sans oven) was a great way to entertain, and keep food expenses within budget.
I think we will be back again since the rooms allowed a gathering of friends to be in one room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Purple_Eagle_Richard
RICIN_12, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you so much for giving us your honest feedback on our team and our property.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. In the future if you do need two queen beds we have a two bedroom suite option, which is the same layout as your one bedroom suite, but has a second bedroom with a queen bed and its own bathroom.

We will definitely look into those chocolate croissants as well.

Thank you again, we look forward to being your host hotel during your next trip to Richmond.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

We checked in very easily and had a nice, clean room. We were fortunate to be there when they had a social that evening. It was catered wraps of all kinds and they also served beer, wine, and I think soda. The wraps were delicious and had many choices. Breakfast was also good although about 30 min before ending they ran out of eggs and didn't refill them.

They have a fitness area, but I prefer to be outside. They don't have walk lights nor sidewalks so running was iffy at best. Would stay again. Easy in and out.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
RICIN_12, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Thank you so much for giving us your honest feedback on our property! We truly value the opinions of our guests and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very involved with the evening social we host Monday through Wednesday, so it's wonderful to hear our guests get as much out of them as we do.

Next time you're in town, please let us give some walking route options for you.

We look forward to being your host hotel whenever your travels bring you back to the Richmond/Short Pump area!

Reviewed April 9, 2018

I stay here practically one night a week and I have nothing but praise for the place. Friendly staff, great rooms that are meticulously clean, they do a decent breakfast, and during the week have friendly mixers for long-stay guests.

I definitely recommend if you're on business in the area or passing through with a family.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
RICIN_12, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey about our property. We really appreciate your honest feedback and are so delighted to hear you enjoy your stay with us each and every time!

I'll definitely share this review with my staff to show that their hard work really does make a difference. Thank you again and we look forward to being your host hotel the next time you are in the Richmond/Short Pump area.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

The hotel was extremely quiet, very clean and the studio room was very roomy and comfortable. The breakfast bar was one of the best I've ever experienced in my travels and really enjoyed the four-mini Belgian waffle maker. Would have enjoyed an indoor pool at this facility since the outdoor pool was closed for the season, but overall, a GREAT value and GREAT hotel!

Room Tip: Breakfast bar was outstanding!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
RICIN_12, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on how our property is doing overall!

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, down to the small details of the waffle maker (a personal favorite of mine as well). I hope when your travels bring you back to the Richmond area we can be your host hotel again, possibly during the summer so you can try out our pool.

Reviewed January 20, 2018

There are many positives about this hotel. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are spacious and clean, and the housekeeping staff is excellent. It’s a good choice for an overnight stay. However, if you are planning to stay longer and need accommodations with washers and dryers on site in the next few days, you may want to look elsewhere. There are only 3 washers in their laundry room, 2 of which have been out-of-order since Wed. The last operational washer went out last night. No doubt, at some point they will be repaired, but it does not appear to be a management priority, so I am just warning folks for whom laundry facilities are an important feature that when booking here in the next week or 2 you might want to confirm the washers are operating again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
RICIN_12, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on how we are doing as a hotel.

I apologize for the washing machines being out of order. We have been anxiously awaiting a service technician to answer our service request we placed last week.

I do hope we can host you again during your future travels back to the Richmond area.